the life of Raiden (ramportin1's truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This. A sealed 10 or 12 in each dip and the amp{s} in the middle. All under the rear seat.
This is why I will not buy a new ram without ram boxes. I so badly wish I had them to store all my riding stuff and tie downs and chains and tow straps so that I could use the whole back storage for sub AND amp. But i can't live without that stuff and I have nowhere else to store it and I can't get any kind of boxes for my bed, not ever the tuck away ones because when I load 2 or many times 3 bikes every square inch of my bed is storage for gear and boots and gas etc etc. RAM boxes are a must next truck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
This is why I will not buy a new ram without ram boxes. I so badly wish I had them to store all my riding stuff and tie downs and chains and tow straps so that I could use the whole back storage for sub AND amp. But i can't live without that stuff and I have nowhere else to store it and I can't get any kind of boxes for my bed, not ever the tuck away ones because when I load 2 or many times 3 bikes every square inch of my bed is storage for gear and boots and gas etc etc. RAM boxes are a must next truck

But could you even GET 3 bikes and all the gas and boots and stuff in a 4ft wide space so all the rest could go in the ramboxes?

Also, if you need the underseat space, get the 1 12 in either dip, then do the fold down seat mod {actually, with the spacer to lift the seat for the sub clearance, you won't need to flip the hooks anymore} and mount the amp behind the seat on the back wall.

Or, if you don't care about rear passengers, maybe put another small fold up seat on the 60 side and put a 15" in a custom box in between with the sub mounted in the middle of the underseat portion, or, again, on the back wall.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But could you even GET 3 bikes and all the gas and boots and stuff in a 4ft wide space so all the rest could go in the ramboxes?

Also, if you need the underseat space, get the 1 12 in either dip, then do the fold down seat mod {actually, with the spacer to lift the seat for the sub clearance, you won't need to flip the hooks anymore} and mount the amp behind the seat on the back wall.

Or, if you don't care about rear passengers, maybe put another small fold up seat on the 60 side and put a 15" in a custom box in between with the sub mounted in the middle of the underseat portion, or, again, on the back wall.
Yeah 3 bikes will fit, it's a tight fit and you have to stagger them forward backwards forward but it fits.
As far as rear passengers I have two hellions of my own lol 11 and 6 so 1 car seat and one tall 11 year old, trucks already getting to small with the boys growing. Idk I'll figure it out when I start taking the interior apart, thanks for ideas though

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Managed to get all my door handle covers sanded down before the minions came yelling daddy daddy lol hopefully I can get time to a.p. and prime tomorrow
7a9dd42a2af0b911500d2bdb2d0483b6.jpg
af70110ec86d6fd02ba1c5a4d3cab67c.jpg

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do u take those off?? I have chrome handles and want to atleast wrap mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do u take those off?? I have chrome handles and want to atleast wrap mine.

Taking the chrome ones off without damaging will be a tedious task but definitely doable, I am replacing my factory chrome ones with these. So the factory ones are just held on by lots of strips of double sided tape. So same concept as debadging except to get em off with no damage you'll 0robably need heat or adhesive remover. Mine were 11 years old and still stuck on VERY well lol I bent the crap out of them pulling but I knew I was tossing mine so I didn't care

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Taking the chrome ones off without damaging will be a tedious task but definitely doable, I am replacing my factory chrome ones with these. So the factory ones are just held on by lots of strips of double sided tape. So same concept as debadging except to get em off with no damage you'll 0robably need heat or adhesive remover. Mine were 11 years old and still stuck on VERY well lol I bent the crap out of them pulling but I knew I was tossing mine so I didn't care

They look awesome good job

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look awesome good job

Thanks man! Hopefully I can get time today to start spraying them

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thought you weren't going stormtrooper anymore? ;)

Sent from my magic 5-inch
Lol it's a very hard change to go solid white! Damn I tried, I seriously tried to do it but I can't bring myself to go all in. So now I'm doing like a half and half lol I'm adding more white but then swapping other stuff to black. Who knows what I'll end up with [emoji23]

txdrifter1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok let me start off by saying I am not usually real big on Mods/customizing my vehicles but dammit ramportin1 you made me late for work today reading your damn blog. Sure I told myself I would just read a couple pages and get caught up later. But noooo the work you have been doing kept my attention for over an hour until I finished the whole dang thing.
Your truck is looking great so far, keep up the good work, and have fun !

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok let me start off by saying I am not usually real big on Mods/customizing my vehicles but dammit ramportin1 you made me late for work today reading your damn blog. Sure I told myself I would just read a couple pages and get caught up later. But noooo the work you have been doing kept my attention for over an hour until I finished the whole dang thing.
Your truck is looking great so far, keep up the good work, and have fun !
Lol. Well sorry about being late [emoji23] and thanks man that just made my day!! Quite a few projects going on with the truck right now so should be some pretty good updates here in the next couple of weeks [emoji41]

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Lol it's a very hard change to go solid white! Damn I tried, I seriously tried to do it but I can't bring myself to go all in. So now I'm doing like a half and half lol I'm adding more white but then swapping other stuff to black. Who knows what I'll end up with [emoji23]

White with black accents is sharp looking. Imo, stick with it, dude.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
White with black accents is sharp looking. Imo, stick with it, dude.

I am. I am keeping my black bumper, new rear bumper is still at the powder coaters waiting to get that back and it'll be gloss black as well. Gunna change out all my lights eventually for black and black/white vs my white/blacks, and I'm painting my handles and mirrors white now [emoji108]

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didn't get any spraying done today like I hoped but I did swap my tow mirrors for the regular stubbies. It's funny I used to really like the look of the stubs but after having my tows on for a while these look silly to me now lol. I'll start prepping the tows so I can paint everything at the same time.

Also said screw waiting any longer and ran to the store and picked up a card reader so as long as I can figure out how to work it [emoji23] I will have my exhaust and WOT video uploaded first thing tomorrow morning [emoji869]
53accf0c03bcd640f5783e13e9bdb1e0.jpg
c0788f1ae526477727e449b99e36d538.jpg

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Didn't get any spraying done today like I hoped but I did swap my tow mirrors for the regular stubbies. It's funny I used to really like the look of the stubs but after having my tows on for a while these look silly to me now lol. I'll start prepping the tows so I can paint everything at the same time.

there are only two kinds of mirrors for our trucks, tow mirrors and wrong mirrors :happy175:

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

New cold start video with my new camera and it recorded it very well, gives a real good idea to what it sounds like in person