The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
You can run it with the tuner and the Diablo intune has a setting for throttle enhancement. I have mine set all the way up. It does help but this sounds like it works way better.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
You can run it with the tuner and the Diablo intune has a setting for throttle enhancement. I have mine set all the way up. It does help but this sounds like it works way better.

I have the Diablo T1000, does that make a difference?

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
it's a stand-alone unit, will not affect a tuner, just don't use the throttle booster in the tuner

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@DRkNESS

When using the Pedal Commander can you change the settings while driving or do you have to turn the engine off?

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@DRkNESS

When using the Pedal Commander can you change the settings while driving or do you have to turn the engine off?
FYI - You can change settings while engine is running, maybe even while driving, but I didn't try that.

Installed the PC today and absolutely LOVE it!
Thanks @DRkNESS for your review that finally encouraged me to get one!

So far I like the sport mode (middle/neutral setting) best, but did only a short test drive today.
I kept the module accessible for now until I find the setting that works best for me. After that I will tuck it away somewhere under the dash.

Last edited:

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the people running the pedal commander can you post your
1) rear gears
2) 6 speed or 8 speed
3) bed length
4) cab length
5) any mods

I figured these variables may factor in for other individuals looking into this product.

Last edited:

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Drkness, how does the pedal commander affect the cruise control? Is the cruise still gradual and smooth?
This shows on the website that the pedal commander doesnt affect the cruise control, as it says, it hands over the throttle control back to the pcm.d6bdb9ab7113ff27602c55e0b126c8eb.png

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the RAM10 code as it still works; ordered mine just now. Thanks for the great write up as it helped make my mind up.
I appreciate how this forum helps everyone out!!!!

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good to know and I wished that I had that code at the time that I ordered mine lol.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's my short review after a few miles with the Pedal Commander ...

2013 Hemi 5.7 CC 2WD, 3:55 gears, 6-speed auto, stock 20inch wheels
Moe's 87mm ported TB, 190 T-Stat, OEM sport muffler, modified stock airbox, aFe drop-in high flow air filter, Bilsteins, Hellwig sway bars, ...

Since I bought the truck I always found it to feel a bit sluggish when accelerating. Weird for a Truck with almost 400hp. Throttle response was pretty poor (got a bit better after installing Moe's ported TB, but still too hesitant for my taste). If you wanted it to go you had to really stomp on the pedal, which does not fit my style of driving any vehicle. I prefer to instantly feel the power of the engine when tapping the pedal.
It's hard to describe, but there was just some kind of slowness even almost reluctancy to it when driving it.

The Pedal Commander has completely woken up the engine's response to the driver's input in that regard. There's not more power it's just that the horses seem to be instantly ready and more than willing to go now with that device installed.
With the sport setting I choose for now, the truck feels so nimble and way more agile than before.
You tap the gas ever so slightly and the power is right there.
That's exactly the way I like it and I can't thank @DRkNESS enough for being a guinea pig here with that device. At a price of almost 300 Bucks no easy decision if you are not sure what to expect.

Cheers,

David

Last edited:
OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm thankful for those kind words but to me with a 30 day return policy, I felt there was no risk involved lol..

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thankful for those kind words but to me with a 30 day return policy, I felt there was no risk involved lol..
That's right, but there would still be shipping costs and possibly some kind of a re-stocking fee involved.
Sadly that's the way companies discourage customers to return items these days.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
ordered mine but they didn't have anywhere to use the promo code, I put it in the notes, was charged 299.99

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
And I bet some of you peeps will buy 10 dollar spark plugs if told they will help your Hemi.LOLOLOLOLOLO

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
And I bet some of you peeps will buy 10 dollar spark plugs if told they will help your Hemi.LOLOLOLOLOLO
Comparing spark plugs that do nothing (or actually perform worse) to the PC that changes the drivability of the truck isn't really a good comparison.

Buy one first then come back and share your opinion. If you don't like it, return it within 30 days for free.

In other words, put your money where your mouth is.

workd4it

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok so I have been reading reviews and will be ordering this week. Does anyone have part # for pedal commander for 2016 5.7 hemi express. ebay shows it for 2006 and up just want to be sure. also anyone else looking to buy this ebay has a 279.99 deal with a promo code until 4-28-17. thanks for any help.just want to order right unit.