The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just to update my review, what I needed this to do is the reason why I purchased it. I wasn't looking to drag race, nor feel unbridled torque whenever I looked at my truck lol. I knew I was lacking in the " go pedal " department and didn't want a professional tune. Also based upon the fact of the return policy I figured what the heck.

Now that I've put several " S " grins on my face, I know this meets fully MY needs. :)

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you ordered from the manufacturer you could use the code. Before you do the final payment it asked if you have a code to apply.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^ If she drove it before and then after the install, no drinks are needed lol.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ If she drove it before and then after the install, no drinks are needed lol.
Haha, no, set it to eco mode on it's lowest level when she's driving the truck and tell her it's for gas saving. ;)
That feels really, I mean really slow! :)

I played around the settings a bit while driving today.
Sport+ on highest level is not really tire friendly. ;)

I don't understand the "city" mode though.

Still like sport mode the best. Maybe one click/level down.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I tried Sport+ and was like " Oh Heck No " I like my license too much lol. The city mode wasn't something that I was interested when I tried it. Sport set to zero does it for me for now.

big13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I found my pedal was very sluggish before I bought Moe's ported throttle body, Diablo and Vararam intake. I find my pedal is much better...BUT It still could be much better.

Can Someone tell me what it is like when you pass on a highway ?

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
To be honest I don't have to " time " my passing now. The main problem now is I lose traction a lot sooner, so I have to keep it pointed straight...

Last edited:

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's another question for PC owners. During my commute, there is a hill that is about 1/4 mile long. Whenever I'm traveling up this hill, the following usually occurs. At the bottom of the hill, I start pressing down on the accelerator. The truck usually starts to bog and lose momentum (speed starts dropping). I keep pushing down on the accelerator, and it acts flat and doesn't respond. I keep pushing until the pedal is about 3/4 of the way to the floor, and then it will downshift 2-3 gears and race up the hill at about 4500 rpm.

It is very annoying to say the least. I've never known if it is the throttle by wire, or if my 4.7 is just gutless. To me, it's always seemed like the pedal doesn't respond when I'm starting my ascent up the hill. Then, by the time it responds, I've got the pedal 3/4 of the way down, and it's down shifting several gears at that point. I used to have a Jeep TJ that had a throttle cable connected directly to the throttle body. That Jeep made it up this hill easier. In that Jeep, it felt as if my foot was directly connected to the throttle body.

In y'alls opinion, would the PC do anything for this hill/downshifting issue?

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Can't you downshift manually +/- to counter this? That's what I do most times. I downshift to 4th and hold it there till the road flattens out.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Any reviews on usING this on a 2011 and up 4.7?
Still debating whether unlocking a Diablo Trinity T1000 due to it big so glitch (from what I've read on the Diablo forum. Or selling it, and use the money to buy a Pedal Commander.

Truck will soon have a 6" lift and 35's. I don't race, just want a little more get go from a stop and driving up inclines. I also off road on rocky terrain if that makes a difference.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't you downshift manually +/- to counter this? That's what I do most times. I downshift to 4th and hold it there till the road flattens out.

Sadly, my 08 doesn't have the ability to manual shift.

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed my new Pedal Commander yesterday and drove my 50 mile round trip to work and back today.
I was half expecting to not see much of a difference and was wondering how the factory throttle response could possibly be improved on. I didn't even mount the bracket because I was about 50% sure I would be sending it back.

Well, I am now a believer. it is mounted right above the push button start.
Sport +4 works perfect for me. Tried Sport+ up to level 3 but that is a bit harsh for street driving.

All the way home I would turn it off and on just to be reminded how bad the factory response was.

GOOD JOB Pedal Commander!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Now I'm not the only one who feels that this was a sound purchase.

F.O.F

mitey22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got mine in and took it for a ride. All I can say is Holy Sh@t. What a difference. This is a totally different truck now. I've got mine set to sport 2 for now. I might dial it down one next trip to see how that one is cause 2 is pretty silly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
instead of waiting for UPS to show up at 6pm tomorrow I had them hold the shipment at the local UPS Facility (do this all the time) so I can pick it up at 10am.
Can't wait...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963