The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty from upstate NY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ordered mine already! Seen this floating around on various portions of the forum. I used a Vitesse throttle controller on my tuned 2012 camaro ss. It was in conjunction with a full tune and still was needed. I'm happy this peddle commander is available for the Mopar crowd. I was pretty bummed when the vitesse was only for the camaro, vettesand cadillacs. So I wanna thank everyone for pointing me in the right direction on this product! It was much appreciated! Should be here this week!

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Perfect, please let us know once installed how you feel about it. I'm still stuck on " silly grin on my face " mode. :)

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ram Year
'12CC / '15RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't wait to try this out, over the last years i've tried about every bolton to get the response up on my '12 1500.

added, diablo, moes 85mm, vararam and corsa to the truck now and still the response is not there.
I hope that this box does as advertised (plenty of good reviews but still wont get my hopes up until i try it out)

i know its apples to oranges but oddly my '15 reg cab has a much more sensitive accelerator (maybe its the lighter weight and 3.92's) will try the pedal commander on both and see if its up to the hype!

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally ordered it! Much thanks to everyone for all the reviews.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I see I have brought you all, " to the DRKNESS " side lol.9a0ad167da5ccc68b2c1e0c2e26e1623.jpg

F.O.F

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems like the pedal commander is something like the drive button some vehicles have, but better. The drive button only has eco, normal, and, sport.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't wait to try this out, over the last years i've tried about every bolton to get the response up on my '12 1500.

added, diablo, moes 85mm, vararam and corsa to the truck now and still the response is not there.
I hope that this box does as advertised (plenty of good reviews but still wont get my hopes up until i try it out)

i know its apples to oranges but oddly my '15 reg cab has a much more sensitive accelerator (maybe its the lighter weight and 3.92's) will try the pedal commander on both and see if its up to the hype!
Let us know how the tuner and pedal commander combo works out.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmm i'm curious now too! i have a 6.4 and hemifever custom tuned, with response set higher, but it still feels sluggish. anyone with a tune know if this will help that?!

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Hmm i'm curious now too! i have a 6.4 and hemifever custom tuned, with response set higher, but it still feels sluggish. anyone with a tune know if this will help that?!

Someone posted a review of the PC on the 6.4 in the HD section. Said it was a great increase in throttle response.

I will also be ordering this for my new 2500 6.4. And I keep telling myself to stop spending money on ****!

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
Someone posted a review of the PC on the 6.4 in the HD section. Said it was a great increase in throttle response.

I will also be ordering this for my new 2500 6.4. And I keep telling myself to stop spending money on ****!
Lol!!! Think of it this way bud....you only ride this ride we call life once.... and you cant take it with you!! Enjoy it while ya can!! Spend that $$$!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I went ahead and ordered one with the coupon code this morning. Will report back after I install. Will be running alongside my tune.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe it was stated already...

So you have to reset it everytime you turn the truck on?

Like it will start in the off position and you have to turn it on OR when you get back in the truck, it will pick up where you last drove it, example, sport +3?

The video said there Are no presets...not sure if it was updated to save your settings or not.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed, and impressed!!!! Sport + 4 is insane; I had to try it at least once...

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To clear up a few confusions I have seen on the interwebs about the Pedal Commander:
1. There are really 9 settings for each of the 4 modes, 0 or normal for that mode, +1 through +4; and -1 through -4.
2. It maintains your last setting on engine off for the next restart.
3. It REALLY does make a difference.

I have had tuners before on previous vehicles and always wondered if the ECU was relearning over the tune. That can't happen with this.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It really does work! I installed it earlier today and this woke the truck up. I have mine set on sport, at the middle setting and love it.
Makes me wonder what this would feel like if I tuned the truck?????