Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheSkiingRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
xEx02e6.jpg

Here it is! The official build page for TheSkiingRAM on the RAM Forums!

As always, you can find the most up-to-date information on the build on Instagram @TheSkiingRAM
You can take a direct link to my page here: www.instagram.com/theskiingram

You can also access the build website, which is excellent for seeing the more fine details on the build at:
www.theskiingoverlander.com
This website also houses the information for the previous build, TheSkiingJeep

Lets get into the meat of the build. I ordered the vehicle from factory back in late 2017.
It's a Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon in white, with the black power wagon branding.
Ultimately the vehicle arrived to Denver around Christmas of 2017 equipped with:
- 6.4l v8 Hemi (Standard)
- Engine block heater(To reduce start up wear)
- RamBox bedside storage
- Dual 380 amp total alternators
- Automatic high beam
- Rain-Sensitive Wipers
- Led bed lighting
- Normal width power folding mirrors(NOT tow mirrors)
- Leather interior
- Front bench seat
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Heated and ventilated seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Bed Liner
- Undercoat(On top of the standard frame coating)
- Backup camera
- 9 Speaker Alpine audio system
- Rear Window Defroster
- Security Alarm/Keyless entry/Keyless start/Remote start
- Uconnect 4C Nav

Yes, I got it pretty much fully loaded. This is the same reason I got a lifetime/million mile Mopar Maxcare warranty with a 0$ deductible. TheSkiingJeep was very far from my first build, and I've built many vehicles, most of which attended SEMA. Unfortunately due to scheduling complications with the title sponsor, TheSkiingJeep did not attend the show. And unfortunately, TheSkiingRAM will be my last public build. This is why I decided to this time carry on TheSkiingJeep social media presence and transfer it to TheSkiingRAM unlike previous builds. So what should you take away from this little paragraph? That I'll be keeping TheSkiingRAM for quite some time, and don't plan to build anything in the public spotlight after it. I also do not intent to bring it to SEMA, so there will be no title sponsor. This is for many reasons, but largely because I am tired of the internal politics and having to largely sacrifice my role as a consumer advocate(using my platform to call companies out on their ******** and anti-consumer practices), in order to avoid sacrificing any future sponsorships. However, despite my change in attitude, I still have several sponsors for this build, and will have similar placement to TheSkiingJeep(Again, I don't promote any products I don't personally stand behind).

Now that's taken care of, lets continue on with the build.
Immediately after the vehicle arrived, I got it in to have a large volume of stuff done. This included having the roof wrapped in a metallic black vinyl, having suntek clear self-healing protection film placed over large portions of the vehicle(roughly 60%), as well as having a compustar security system installed that allows me to monitor the gps location, battery status, doors, locks, etc. All of this was installed by the wonderful folks over at Elite Auto Salon in Colorado Springs.
Here's a picture of where the build is after that:
30MZrcv.jpg

Here's some planned changes to the build(Obviously this stuff is subject to change, and I may be unable to edit it):
- Custom cargo rack designed to support both a rooftop tent and ski rack among other things
- Replacing the factory winch with a Superwinch EXP
- Extend the underbody protection
- Rear bed side branding additions
- New tires(yes, bigger!)
- New wheels
- Equipment for as many weather conditions as possible
- Roll in spare tire carrier in bed
- Forward facing full time camera to improve visibility past the big hood, especially when cresting ridges
- Various lighting improvements, from chase lights, to scene lighting for camp ground and similar uses)
- Potential suspension upgrades, such as upgrading factory shocks
- Potential cargo storage upgrades

And that's all I've got for now! Any future updates will be included in new replies to this thread! Thanks for stopping by!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welcome, post a current pic of the truck, the image you tried to link isn't working

OP
OP
TheSkiingRAM

TheSkiingRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
welcome, post a current pic of the truck, the image you tried to link isn't working

Strange. Both linked images are showing for me, and both are imgur.

Edit: I just tried 3 different devices, including my phone off wifi(for a different IP path). All 3 are loading the images just fine. It's probably an issue on your end. If others could let me know if they have problems I'll look into it further.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are showing now, looks nice

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome. I am looking forward to watching this build along the way. I have a 2017 PW also in white. You have great taste lol

Let us know if we can be any help along the way. We offer discounts to all the members here and have much more than just exhaust!

OP
OP
TheSkiingRAM

TheSkiingRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome. I am looking forward to watching this build along the way. I have a 2017 PW also in white. You have great taste lol

Let us know if we can be any help along the way. We offer discounts to all the members here and have much more than just exhaust!

Thanks, they're excellent trucks!
I'll be sure to take a look at your website!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, they're excellent trucks!
I'll be sure to take a look at your website!
We offer way more than what's listed on our site too. Let me know what your looking for. We offer almost everything

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk