This is why I hate letting anyone touch my truck!! (Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had mine in to the dealer late last yr for something..Go home and parked and saw from a distence to what i thought was a bug on my fresh wax job...So i go to clean it and my lower air damn was dinged..Called dealer and brought it in..At 1st they asked what i hit and i said not me,your tech musta..Off the bad they said nooooo,impossible....we chk the cars and truck as they go in and out and nothin was recorded....

LETS GO TO THE SHOP VIDEO TAPE!!!!

I ended up with a free rental for the day and it was fixed..

bubbagumpshrimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought I looked my truck over well enough after taking it to the dealer recently. A week later, I noticed a VERY small pry mark between the head unit surround and the "Ram" cubby above it. There's no way the tech didn't notice, but I'm sure they (correctly) figured that it wouldn't be noticed in a timely manner. Oh, well.

naumaa1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad to hear everything worked out for you!

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I meant to finish this story off...it actually wasn't done. A few days after I got it back, I found a 1/2 inch scratch/gouge on the top of my horn cover....which I found out is part of the air bag...cannot just order the cover by itself. I was so pissed off. I tried to not look at it, but it was in my line of sight to look at the instruments...and I knew it was there looking back at me! lol Anyway, after about a week or two of not being able to ignore it (no way I was taking it back to the dealer), I got out my polishing compound and polished the top of the horn cover evenly. Now, you cannot even tell it was there. Disaster avoided.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seriously, how is it they can't do a simple cluster swap without scratching something???

Glad you were able to take care of it yourself, I wouldn't want them touching the truck either after what you went through.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm so happy everything worked out or you , well almost 100% , I believe I would've fixed the airbag myself as well !

Unbelievable this was from a simple cluster replacement .
I've had the cluster in & out of my truck 4 time and not a scratch one ....

I'm even happier that Andrea aka Ramcares was a big help for you Sir , I believe customer service means a great deal to a lot of folks after the sale .

Congratulations!

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm so happy everything worked out or you , well almost 100% , I believe I would've fixed the airbag myself as well !

Unbelievable this was from a simple cluster replacement .
I've had the cluster in & out of my truck 4 time and not a scratch one ....

I'm even happier that Andrea aka Ramcares was a big help for you Sir , I believe customer service means a great deal to a lot of folks after the sale .

Congratulations!

Thanks. Yeah, she really was a lot of help. I'm not sure how this would had turned out without Ram Customer Service involved.

drpepperrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I feel your pain...I took my 17 limited in to try to get the dealer to program on the DRL's and the tech backed it into another vehicle...it had less than 1,000 miles on it...so frustrating!!!! And they didn't get the lights on...don't think they even tried!

catch 22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
none
I have read this entire thread and have to laugh (not at OP but myself). I used to be borderline OCD about little things............then I had kids, at the risk of an aneurysm, heart attack, or homicide I had to learn to overlook ssssooooo many things. I can relate to OP on not trusting having anyone work on my truck (I have only had a few oil changes and 1 computer update done to date), and I'm glad everything worked out in the end.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot of circumstances in our own lives put many things into the proper perspective.
Jay

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the story continues. I recently developed a rattle in my dash. It got to be very annoying, so I started to look around never thinking that I would actually find anything. Well, I did. I found a damn bolt missing on the diver's side near the windshield (underneath a small access panel)!!! The dealership obviously didn't reinstall the damn bolt. I put a new bolt in and the rattle was gone. I just cannot catch a break with Ram trucks.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
So the story continues. I recently developed a rattle in my dash. It got to be very annoying, so I started to look around never thinking that I would actually find anything. Well, I did. I found a damn bolt missing on the diver's side near the windshield (underneath a small access panel)!!! The dealership obviously didn't reinstall the damn bolt. I put a new bolt in and the rattle was gone. I just cannot catch a break with Ram trucks.

at least that was a very easy fix, and human error at the dealership at that...not a RAM quality issue

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At least you didn't have to bring it back to the dealer. Sucks they STILL didn't get it right...

OP
OP
Sir John

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
at least that was a very easy fix, and human error at the dealership at that...not a RAM quality issue

You're right it is not a Ram quality issue. At least not with the 2016 Rebel except for the fact this all started with my instrument cluster flickering and needed to be replaced with 450 miles on the odometer. lol

Now if you want to talk about quality issues then you should see the ridiculous long dealership warranty repairs list I had with my 2014 Sport. Thats why I got the 2016 Rebel!...I was giving the brand one last chance thinking my 2014 Sport was just a lemon.

Last edited: