This is why I hate letting anyone touch my truck!! (Pics)

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Sir John, Jan 9, 2017.

1. JRust

JRust Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    EcoDiesel
    Absolutely agree. Just a dumb careless tech. I replaced my dash cluster in 10 minutes. Should have been no reason to pry right there. Once the 4 bolts in the upper bezel are loose. You don't have to pry anything just pull gently with your fingers to pop the lower part out. Then 2 lower bolts on the cluster. All I needed was my steering column down all the way. I had no problem getting my cluster out. Just careless shop work & not training people properly caused this

R.L.K. likes this.
  2. Sir John

Sir John Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    So, my Rebel goes to the dealership tomorrow to replace the dash. I'm not sure how long it will be there for. To say I'm a little anxious/nervous would be an understatement. Hopefully, I get my truck back the way I gave it to them way back when...damage free. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

R.L.K., Hemi395 and smiley like this.
  3. Hemi395

Hemi395 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Good luck! Hopefully it'll come back looking like nothing ever happened!

On a side note, is the flickering cluster fixed at least?

R.L.K. and Sir John like this.
  4. Sir John

Sir John Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thanks.

Yeah, it seems to be fixed so far, but some guys have had a few thousand miles go by before it would suddenly flicker again. Hopefully that doesn't happen to me.

5. hemipower95 2.0

hemipower95 2.0 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Wasn't your sport a lemon or something. Just curious why you would choose ram again.

6. moregrip

moregrip Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    how did it turn out? Everything ok I hope!

7. TruckNut

TruckNut Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Wow, just read this entire thread. I am picky as well, and would be furious if this was my new truck. Glad to hear RamCares is involved and wish you the best of luck in having this issue resolved to your satisfaction. Tech who butchered your truck should be fired!

8. shibby927

shibby927 Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    Every company builds lemons, my own personal opinion, I'd stick with RAM so long as they made things right. If they treated me like shit, I'd consider switching.

9. Sir John

Sir John Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Lol....right on. Yes, my 14 Sport was a lemon. It went to the dealership for warranty work about 18 times in 2 and a half yrs. It was my first Ram truck. All of my previous trucks were F150s. Even though my Sport was a big problem, I really liked the truck.....the interior, the Hemi v8, all of the options for the price. So, I wanted to give the brand a 2nd chance. Other than the flickering instrument cluster, this 2016 Rebel does seem a lot better so far.

shibby927 and smiley like this.
  10. Sir John

Sir John Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Well, I just got my 16 Rebel back tonight from the dealership after they replaced the dash. I (like a psycho) spent about 20-30 minutes (not exaggerating) looking over the exterior and interior. I literally triple checked stuff. I was determined to find any damage, if it existed, before I left the dealership. To my amazement, and somewhat complete disbelief, I found ZERO damage of any kind. I was very happy about that as you might imagine. The service manager said that the technician green taped everything that was close and laid fabric over the seats. They even replaced the steering wheel column cover they scratched up during the instrument cluster replacement. I still might request they at least order the instrument bezel that they got oil on and I'll replace it myself. They cleaned it, but I'm not 100% sure if it is good enough.

I think I'll kept using this dealership....at least my expectations have been set now. :favorites13:

Huge shout out to ramcares! Andrea was/is awesome. Most of this got taken care of because of her involvement.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Z-Rider, R.L.K., DavidN and 4 others like this.