This is why I hate letting anyone touch my truck!! (Pics)

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Sir John, Jan 9, 2017.

1. joeygster

joeygster Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7

It's a shame you have to take pictures though.

Very unprofessional on the part of your dealership.

2. quietpeen

quietpeen Administrator Staff Member

Ram Year:
    2016 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yes it is, kinda off topic. I had a car that I put snow tires on. The tire place gouged the f out of one of the rims. I had my dad go back and say something about it because it was there anyway because they never popped the bead properly and it was leaking air. The tire place said "oh that was there before we replaced the tire". They were new rims from the factory and this was the first time tires were replaced. Point is, I had no proof to make them fix it even though the guy knew damn well that one of his techs did it

3. Sir John

Sir John Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I really do appreciate everyone's advice and opinions. I honestly feel like almost everyone has a valid point to consider. This is a nightmare. Haven't even had the truck a month....haven't even made a payment yet. As stupid as it sounds, I'm literally sick to my stomach over this. I'm beyond pissed....way beyond.

Just for the hell of it, I called the local upholstery shop that I've used before. I described the cut to them and they said that would be an easy fix. Would only cost $25-$30 for to fix it while I wait. They even said that they would fix it at the dealership (Mullane Motors in Lockport, NY). I'm thinking about it. I'm taking the truck to them (upholstery shop) this Friday to let them look at it and give me a more concrete "diagnosis".

:suicide:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    DavidRam likes this.
  4. hemipower95 2.0

hemipower95 2.0 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    That's unfortunate, I dread dealership visits too

5. -B-

-B- Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7

you do realize the fix is gluing it and mocking the texture

6. Sir John

Sir John Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yes. Not sure if it obvious from the picture, but the cut is only about 1/8" long and is laying perfectly flat right now.

7. smiley3303

smiley3303 Super Moderator Staff Member

Ram Year:
    2009 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4WD
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    That just sucks. Accidents do happen how they take care of you is only thing I would count for or against them.

8. oe542bob

oe542bob Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Would you maybe get the repair done first, see how it comes out? Of course, this would be done and paid for from the dealership. And if you still aren't satisfied, then you will need the dash replaced, also at the cost of the dealership. I find it unfortunate that the dealership is trying to get FCA to pay for this! It's not much different than modifying, let's say your engine, and then having an engine failure. And then trying to get FCA to pay for it.
    An example for me was, I had a stone chip in the windshield years ago. Called my insurance company. Free to do a repair, $100 deductible to replace. Told me that if I wasn't satisfied with the repair, then I could still get the windshield replaced for the same $100 deductible. Tried the repair, it was in my sight line, and I could tell where it was, so I ended up with the replacement windshield.
    IMHO, I don't think you'd be happy with the repair, but until it's done, and I'm not an upholstery guy, you won't know.
    Good luck with this

9. Andrew09HEMI

Andrew09HEMI Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 6.4
    I think the only one who is not overreacting in this thread is the OP. Yes pulling a dash isnt fun, but its relatively easy to do. I can wager the first tech to work on it was some young chump that screwed up and made a huge mistake cause he didnt want to mess with replacing a cluster at warranty rates. Dealers screw up sometimes and have techs that aren't worth a damn. Allow them to fix it and see the outcome. All this nonsense about what ifs are meaningless. Corporate is involved so I highly doubt anyone higher up is going to allow this to become anymore of a nightmare for anyone involved.

OP, take a breath, let them work it out and how to fix/replace and go from there. Shitty situation you shouldnt be faced with but there's not much you can do about the past. Focus on the next steps and try to relax as you've done a hell of a job at that soo far. Just my two cents...

Sir John likes this.
  10. adrianp89

adrianp89 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Good on OP for staying relatively calm.

This is a rookie techs fault. They clearly used a metal panel tool to pull out the bezel, when a plastic when should have been used. I made this mistake the first time I ever did a radio install. Luckily it was a super old civic that was a POS anyways.

Proper tools and training and this would have never happened. I would expect nothing less than a full replacement of the dash.

Z-Rider likes this.