Thuren Level Kit Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.4LMegaMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Truck: 2016 2500 6.4L Mega Cab

I'm ready to place my order for a leveling kit. I want to keep my stock rear springs to retain full hauling capacity and no sag. I am going with the 2" front springs because I want to keep a bit of rear rake. I'll also get the track bar.

The question is, are the Fox IFP shocks worth the extra $129 over the overland shocks for the front?

I emailed them asking what they recommend for rear shocks with stock springs and they said people have good reviews of the Fox IFP in the rear. That's the only reason why I'm thinking of doing the front as well (to keep all 4 corners the same). So, is it worth it or should I just do the overland fronts and keep the rear all stock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would change out the rear shocks while your at it. The Fox IFP shocks are of good quality and would be good to have all around.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have the overlanders, they didn't seem too much better than stock, but did notice a difference. If you went Fox, I bet it's very noticeable.

Listen to Aaron and Don. They are good friends of mine. They won't steer you wrong.

OP
OP
6.4LMegaMan

6.4LMegaMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Thanks for your input. I really did appreciate the quick response from Thuren and out of my research feel they are the best product for my needs. Glad to hear they have friends on this forum as well.

I submitted my order for the 2" front springs with Fox IFP shocks and the track bar through the Thuren website.

They do not sell the rear shocks so I went online to my usual supplier, autoanything, and ordered from there. Ordered part number 985-24-092 (per recommendation from Aaron) and got them for $116.99 each with free shipping after talking to a sales rep.

I'll keep this thread updated with my build. Thuren says 1-2 weeks delivery. I sure hope I have them in time to install next weekend.

After I install all this I'm looking at Toyo AT2 in a 295/65R20. That's a 35" tire but skinnier than a normal 12.5 width. Keeps the weight down a bit and no rubbing with stock wheels and no spacers.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Sounds about what I'm thinking to do with mine. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hate to tell you this, but those 295s are going to look small in the wheel wells... I wish I'd just gone 37s... next time.

I went with 3/1 spacer lift. Thinking of removing the spacers and going with Thuren front springs/overland shocks as well. Then maybe the tires won't look so small. Funny how 35s look small on these trucks!!

I am very interested to hear about the ride with the new springs and Fox shocks. So far read good reviews about the spring/overland shocks, but wondering about those Fox shocks. Especially for the rear.

OP
OP
6.4LMegaMan

6.4LMegaMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Ha yeah I know! I would love 37s but fear the added stress to the drive train with the 3.73 gears. I think for now I'll start with the 35s and maybe when they are worn out I'll look at 4.56 or 4.88 gears and step up to 37s. But I fully agree the 37s look best on this truck.

I will definitely be sharing my experiences installing and reviewing these products so stay tuned. Depending on when I receive shipment I'm hoping to do the install the weekend of the 24th and let it settle a few days then get the tires and alignment.

Jake2544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for your input. I really did appreciate the quick response from Thuren and out of my research feel they are the best product for my needs. Glad to hear they have friends on this forum as well.

I submitted my order for the 2" front springs with Fox IFP shocks and the track bar through the Thuren website.

They do not sell the rear shocks so I went online to my usual supplier, autoanything, and ordered from there. Ordered part number 985-24-092 (per recommendation from Aaron) and got them for $116.99 each with free shipping after talking to a sales rep.

I'll keep this thread updated with my build. Thuren says 1-2 weeks delivery. I sure hope I have them in time to install next weekend.

After I install all this I'm looking at Toyo AT2 in a 295/65R20. That's a 35" tire but skinnier than a normal 12.5 width. Keeps the weight down a bit and no rubbing with stock wheels and no spacers.

I just did Thuren 2" front coils and the 1" rear coils to keep some rake as well. Don recommended Bilstiens and provided shock P/N's for front and rear shocks. I couldn't be happier with the ride. I found a set of front Bilstiens on Amazon for around $70 and the rear for $130 Ish.I had a 4" superlift with Bilstiens on my 1500 and it was a night and day difference in ride quality over factory. I kept my factory wheels and installed 295/65/20 Nitto G2's, I'm really happy with the way it looks and rides.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just did Thuren 2" front coils and the 1" rear coils to keep some rake as well. Don recommended Bilstiens and provided shock P/N's for front and rear shocks. I couldn't be happier with the ride. I found a set of front Bilstiens on Amazon for around $70 and the rear for $130 Ish.I had a 4" superlift with Bilstiens on my 1500 and it was a night and day difference in ride quality over factory. I kept my factory wheels and installed 295/65/20 Nitto G2's, I'm really happy with the way it looks and rides.
Let's see a picture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
6.4LMegaMan

6.4LMegaMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Nice!

On another note, reading Thuren's website they say to align to the following specs:
Total toe: 0.00 - 0.05
Caster: 4.2 - 4.8 (for Hemi)

Is this what those of you with level kits are running? Did the alignment shop balk at the non-standard setting request? I asked my dealership about it and they looked at me sort of dazed and confused.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nice!

On another note, reading Thuren's website they say to align to the following specs:

Is this what those of you with level kits are running? Did the alignment shop balk at the non-standard setting request? I asked my dealership about it and they looked at me sort of dazed and confused.

I read the same thing.
Next time I get an alignment I will be telling them to use those specs.
At first I wandered if they would baulk but then I thought to my self, why would they. It's not a safety issue.
We shall see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jake2544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice!

I'm having my alignment done on friday. I did speak to them about the specs that Don suggested, they did not have a problem with it. I printed everything out to give them to read before aligning.

ljn21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Can you share the part numbers on the Bilsteins you bought for the front and rear?

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I have the 2" springs with the Fox shocks, adjustable track bar and made my own links for the rear OEM air. Bought theirs (1 inch) then made my own at 2".. Wanted to keep the 3/4" rake I already had... Got the Fox fronts because I had Fox rears.. Rides nice. Had mine aligned Sunday, but did not know about the specs they have listed on site, so will have to look at my paperwork and see what they did...