Time for some tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Its always hard to place tires! So what opinions do you folks have on tires? I am going to need new tires this year. I am gonna try to upgrade to 35"s if I can. But what type should I get? I like my wrangler duratracs. But I also love the mud graps. Anyone have some other ideas on mud tires?? Need a descent life along with mild road noise.

Sent from my liberty x!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
toyo MT's hands down. Not loud on highway and you can easily get 35k out of them.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Don't get me wrong, I love my Mud Grappers, but if you want mild road noise, these aren't the tire for you.

Your best option is the Trail Grapplers. They are really quite for a mud tire and yet still perform well. Rotated them and you can probably get 40k miles out of a set.

I'd also highly recommend the BFG KM2s but they can often be a little pricey but they are a good sold tire and fairly light for their size as well.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Kuhmo MT tires , owned them on a jeep , and are on this rig now ... good tire ,

I had mug graps ... hate them
I had Toyo MT ... loved them
I had Federal MT ... BEST tire imo

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
BFGoodrich All Terrains not too loud on highway kick ass in snow and mud and they grip well on ice unlike designated mudders (for that matters not sure for you). If you rotate them they can make 60k I have seen on my dads 98 ram and 2004 ram. I have never kept the vehicle long enough to see a pair wear out on my rigs haha. They are expensive but worth every penny. I have 10k on mine they look new.

zack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5 packing the smarty
Engine
5.9 cummins ho
I can't complain about my bfg all terrian holding up well to the ctd ...brother inlaw had the mud grapps on his power joke an hated them loud an did not wear well

Last edited:

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
i got me some cheapo Dakota All Terrain^2. barely make any sounds, they wear great! still have plenty of tread left and got the tire back in november. they did great off road and did even better in the snow. just they dont really look aggressive to me. got them for $126 a peice as opposed to 240 a piece for a little more aggressive tire. about to rotate them some time in the next week rears are about 1/4 down. i think i got a good deal on them.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had the BGF KM2's on the Ram for a while now. Granted, it doesn't go off road, or in bad weather so I really can't attest to that. But low noise and I still have probably another 10k miles left on them. The BFG A/T's are a time tested, and well known tire. The design is old, but has proven itself over the years. The A/T also has a low noise factor.

I'd highly suggest looking at both of these tires.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking into tires this yr also and the trail grapplers is wat I'm Prolly goin with. 295/60r20. Not quite a 35's

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just for the record, trail grapplers are not a mud tire.

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
duratrac I dont think come in a 35.
I know they don't for a 16" rim. 33" is the largest

I love BFG at's. I have Goodyear Mts, the old style, on my jeep. they didn't wear great and were loud.

I had Yokahoma all terrains on my z71 and those were awesome tires.

Nittos tire used to be trash. everyone in the street race scene ran them and hated them when they first came out.

I'll either try BFG ats again or Kuhmos.
if you don't need a MT, I wouldn't get one. they wear quicker. an aggressive AT like duratrac, or procomp and micky thompson will do better for everyday mileage and wet weather.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I like my Kelly Safari Trex. They have done great for me in the winter time, and when raining. They are an all terrain, but I wanted to post some pics :)

My dad, my best friend, and me run them.
100_0740.jpg
000_0088.jpg
kelly20safari20trex1.jpg

Last edited:

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I was wrong about the duratrac sizes. discount tire direct lists them in 35" - $253 each
GY website did not list this size when I checked it yesterday. also the GY store said the same on monday.
I would, and most likely will be, get the duratracs

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Thanks for the opinions folks. I love my duratracs that I have now. So I was thinking about getting those again. The truck does see mud snow street and all kinds of areas. So I will definitely keep the duratracs in mind. Im gonna have to check the kuhmos out.

Were the duratracs that you looked at listed as a 35? Or were they like a 305 or something?

Sent from my liberty x!

OP
OP
Bigtman07

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Thanks! Gonna have to look those up and save some pennies before the snow gets here. You found those online right?

Sent from my liberty x!

iSlacker816

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 (360ci) Magnum
I don't know why but I'm down to 2/32nds on my BFG All Terrains and I got maybe 25,000 out of them. Now my buddy has the Goodyear Duratracs and has about 15,000 and worn maybe 3/32nds down which come with 18/32nds compared to BFG's 15/32nds not more but when spending that kinda money and more helps. Which I'm leaning to trying the Duratracs myself. Did great in the snow last year when out riding with him and barely had to use 4x4 with 8 inch snow fall.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Master Craft Coursier M/T will be my next tire prob unless things change. Have Nitto TG on the truck now and there ok... not worth the price I think, wifes truck has the Master Crafts on there and are holding up great. Could always do BFG TKO 2s.