TIPM problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
lost my left low beam found a quick fix on youtube. put in the jumper from the right side and it worked for 700 miles then lost low beams altogether. evidently that was to many amps through the circuit and burned out the circuit board on that side also. until I can find another tipm for 2004 4x4 with 5.9 I put in hot wire from battery to run low beams

2004 's have a tipm?? Huh I thought it was introduced in 2006....either way it's a ****** setup circuit boards exposed to atmospheric conditions....at least the 2006's and up are plastic case under the hood.:crazy:

they aren't cheap..800 bucks.

HemiTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
*1-800-465-2001here is dodge Canada phone number we should flood them with calls this is a serious problem with that they need to fix this problem... I personally think that dodge should be calling all dodge owners and telling them we have a fix for you're vehicles at no cost to us because they created this problem not us and we spent good money to buy there product

FCA Canada should have a recall on this... but they don't. Furthermore, they don't give a rats you-know-what. Spoke with them already a few times and as far as Chrysler is concerned, their 5yr/100k kilometre warranty is enough to cover any and all defects.

Sadly, we're on our own. Chrysler does not care about us. At all. After 20+ years of owning Dodge trucks, this is the last one.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
pretty much the reason That pushed me on to sell my truck, that and the bubbling quarters......Great trucks **** poor thinking in solid state circuitry...which is exactly what the tpim is ,exposed to the elements.