Tips for disconnecting stock blue trailer brake plug...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RED025.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 02 1500 with the tow package and the previous owner installed a trailer brake controller. I am trying to track down a draw and am removing anything not stock: aftermarket horn, aftermarket alarm and this trailer brake. I have located the blue plug mounted atop a larger white connection as in this picture Installing a Brake Control on a Vehicle Equipped with a Factory Towing Package this is a little silly, but while on my back looking up and sideways whilst holding a flashlight I can't seem to figure out how to disconnect it.... Squeeze both side, lift on the top, both? Any tips? My fingers appreciate it!

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I'd like to know as well
Mine doesn't look quite like that, mine is between that module and the fender I guess it would be and theres hardly enough room to get my fingers in there let alone enough room to see how to get it off

It looked like there was one bolt holding the module to firewall on my truck and I think that might have to be removed to make it easier to unplug

OP
OP
R

RED025.9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was finally able to get my trailer brake unplugged today! Laying on the drivesr floor board on my back I was able to get my left hand on the plug and figured out the clip is on top so with my right hand I was able to get a small flat blade screw driver on the tab and press it down while pulling with my left hand. Here are three pics I took with it out so you can kind of see what needs to be done.

10pzq51.jpg
1zx083k.jpg
2nrpikz.jpg