Tire fitment with level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruisinCO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sooo, I’m sure this has been asked somewhere on here before but I have been searching for a half hour on other threads and can’t find my specific answer so here goes nothing. I have an 08 quad cab bighorn and am currently sitting on all stock suspension. Wanting to go with the Bils up front @ 2.8” and add some tire height as well. I am wanting to go with 275 65 r20’s and keep my stock rims. Reason being because I can’t justify a thousand bucks for wheels at the moment and I like the chrome look with my black paint, also not looking to kill too much mileage with heavy wheels and wide tires as I run on pavement 80% of the time. I do off road a considerable amount in the winter running a trapline. I want the 275’s because I don’t want my tires too wide where they stick out and throw rocks all over my paint (not interested in fender flares) but I do want the 34 inch tall tire (hence 65’s versus stock 60’s) to get some more lift out of the deal. May add a one inch body lift down the road if I want more lift but not for the time being. Anybody know if I will experience rub with that set up? Anyone with pics please post em up for reference. Also torn between Nitto trail grapplers, terra grapplers, or Toyo open country’s. So chime in with opinions there. Thanks!

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On stock 20s with a 4wd, most can run 35/12.50/20s with 1/4" spacers up front.

You should be plenty safe with any tire choice in that size.

OP
OP
CruisinCO

CruisinCO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks usaf. I was thinking I should be safe but had to consult the experts. Not looking forward to that 1500 bill..

hornychief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 34/12r17 on my 08 mega cab with no lift. They aren't sticking out not rubbing

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

KIDRR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 345 Hemi
I was thinking of going 285/65R20 with my stock 4x4 suspension and rims. Never though about the wider tire throwing up crap on the paint. Good point.