Tire pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhnxRam00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Anyone know what my tire pressure should be for my truck. I don't have one of those stickers on the inside of my door that tells me what the recommended pressure it. I usually keep my front tires at 36 or 38psi and my back tires at 38 or 40psi

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
size of tire? Max pressure should be stamped on tire.

OP
OP
P

PhnxRam00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I'll have to check when I get out in a bit and I'll let you know

OP
OP
P

PhnxRam00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Hahaha I know but last time I checked my tire I didn't see anything stamped on it about psi so if I don't find it I'll put it up on here so people can tell me what they do with theirs

youngblood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8
Not sure on Dodge's, but on my Jeep and Vic it was on the driver door, near the sticker with the vin number on it. Tire pressure should be run according to the vehicle, not the tire itself

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My door says 35 psi cold.

$miley

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
the tires have stamped on it what the max is not what you run it at. Running at max is bad. Hard ride and when they get hot they expand more and could cause problems. Most every vehicle I have encountered with has been between 30-35psi

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Not sure on Dodge's, but on my Jeep and Vic it was on the driver door, near the sticker with the vin number on it. Tire pressure should be run according to the vehicle, not the tire itself

I feel like running tire solely by what door says is a bad idea. Can you say ford explorer debacle? Common sense must be used if my tire says max psi of 80 and decide I am going to haul a load that is 6000 lbs I should add some air to compensate for extra weight as long as I am under max rating of tire.
I will also point out that sticker was for the tires that came on the vehicle and most of us are running tires that are different size and rating. My truck came with passenger wrangler HP but now has light truck load range E tires. That sticker now means nothing. I have experimented and ride obviously nice at 35 but the truck handles and works as a truck better at 37 or 38. Just my tangent on tire pressure.

$miley

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I have been running what the stickker on the door says in these new tires an it's seems like they could use 3-4 lbs

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I ran what was on my sticker for a while and it was the worst ride ever! Tires rated at 80psi and are load range E. I bumped it up to 50 like my other set I had now its more like it should be.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I had mine at 35 then went up to 38 and now at 35 and it rides nice but a lot sloppery in corners. I will probably go back up. I prefer a little rougher ride knowing I can just load it up an go.

$miley

youngblood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8
I feel like running tire solely by what door says is a bad idea. Can you say ford explorer debacle? Common sense must be used if my tire says max psi of 80 and decide I am going to haul a load that is 6000 lbs I should add some air to compensate for extra weight as long as I am under max rating of tire.
I will also point out that sticker was for the tires that came on the vehicle and most of us are running tires that are different size and rating. My truck came with passenger wrangler HP but now has light truck load range E tires. That sticker now means nothing. I have experimented and ride obviously nice at 35 but the truck handles and works as a truck better at 37 or 38. Just my tangent on tire pressure.

$miley

Sticker is for stock tires, sorry my first post might have been alittle confusing on that, I assumed it was for a stock tire.. I agree it should be adjusted for aftermarket tires, vehicle weight, and road surface. I still ran almost stock tire pressure in my Jeep even with larger mud tires, seemed to handle better, but on rock or snow I go to 10-12 psi. I've heard of people putting chalk on their tires and driving a block to check for even wear to get even better accuracy.

OP
OP
P

PhnxRam00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Do you guys keep the same psi all around or more psi in the front or back tires