TMR Delete '02 with 545rfe program

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamh3844

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I have a 2002 ram 1500 4.7 QC 4X4 and have put some mods on including the TCM from Jeep that allows truck to maximize the tranny essentially making it a 545rfe. I was wondering about the TMR delete I hear about and if that is a possibility.
I understand what the TMR is but wasn't sure if that was to the 03' strictly or if it was relevant to the TCM/ECM program.
Also if I were to attempt this what are the expected outcomes, and how hard would it be to reattach wire. If I just cut the middle of it could I just use a Crimp to reattach the wires?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you actually have the wire, best way to do it (instead of cutting it) is to pull the connector off the TCM, then pull the pin out of the connector and tape it off (this is what I did). I'm not sure if the 02 4.7's can do this or not. Keep in mind if this works you will occasionally get a code posted (may or may not post CEL) for torque management loss of communication.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
It’s pretty much 03 Hemi specific for some reason, you can try for sure but I seem to remember other people looking and it not being there for the other engines. Hope I’m wrong

I Bleed Ram Trucks