Todays Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Spent the whole day workin on a friends truck and his father's truck. Here's what a 4.7L's throttle body looks like after 93k without being cleaned

74503c09.jpg

Here is after

ae2241c6.jpg

f8853783.jpg

Did front and rear brakes on it

d88911b0.jpg

Just because i could

2d6b58bb.jpg

and after cleaning and waxing the wheels

91d2d7a3.jpg

37a59889.jpg

96cd425b.jpg

7d559e55.jpg

also swapped in some new Champion plugs but I didn't nab any pics

after I finished that I spent until dark putting new brake shoes on the rear of his dad's '00 Ford Ranger, first thing tomorrow I gotta swap in a new waterpump on it, flush the cooling system, new EGR, and clean throttle body.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Hope you are getting paid for this

OP
OP
Shiloh 24

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Hope you are getting paid for this

yea, I made 60 bucks for all the stuff on the Dodge and I'm getting 70 for the Ford. Prolly not as much as I should be charging them but oh well.

OP
OP
Shiloh 24

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
I need to do some more work on the Ram sometime though, it had some codes on it that kinda caught my attention. 4 Transmission codes and one about the IAT sensor. The tranny codes kinda scare me and it has an idle issue after giving it throttle and stopping. I had to pull over for a cop runnin lights and sirens when I was dropping the truck off and when I went to pull back on the road it had died. So I need to figure that out, I think I just need to clean up the IAT sensor to fix that issue but idk for sure.

fla crkr 1 ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 [360]
Not a fan of champion plugs won't even use them in my mower. Autolite in mopars in this garage[ i know a furd part on a mopar] been using them for years not a problem,don't use champs in any thing i own.

OP
OP
Shiloh 24

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
Not a fan of champion plugs won't even use them in my mower. Autolite in mopars in this garage[ i know a furd part on a mopar] been using them for years not a problem,don't use champs in any thing i own.

I've always been told AC's in GM's, autolite's in Furds, and Champions in Dodge's. The ones I will NEVER EVER use though are Bosch, all their plugs are so beyond terrible it's ridiculous. Within a thousand miles every vehicle that we get at the shop that has em, has serious idle issues and extreme misfires.

fla crkr 1 ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 [360]
That's about what i was told with the exception of champions in nothing,i agree about bosch,all my bikes and import cars i used ngk only. I,m not sure first i heard that,i have used champs in chevys ,fords,mopars never ran right old guy that taught me smallblock rebuilding taught me to never use them.

Last edited:

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
We can all agree E3's suck... ALOT. Shilo was the truck doing any of the codes and funny stuff when you brought it in to work on? Could just need a PCM reset.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We can all agree E3's suck... ALOT. Shilo was the truck doing any of the codes and funny stuff when you brought it in to work on? Could just need a PCM reset.

I agree, the IAT code could be if you put the keys in the ignition turned forward without the air intake hooked up.

Oefootball_70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh and good work btw, I do on the other hand like those wheels. They look pretty nice on your truck too.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
i also like them wheels they are open and look light, i use ngk v-power in everything i have.
shiloh great job on the tb cleaning although i have seen worse on less milage, but none the less great work young one....

ramthis9501

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8

Aren't those the newest plugs they've come out with? I thought those things were proven good?

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I have seen more issues out of those overpriced plugs then anything so far. Power block did a whole thing on them trumping how awesome they were... but did you notice who was paying that week? E3 plugs paid for that whole segment. I have heard from everyone to stay away from Platnum plugs out of the Hemis though do tothe engines can melt the plat and it will drop on the pistons.

OP
OP
Shiloh 24

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
The codes never showed up again after I cleared them, it was at first showin a check gauges light as well and his oil pressure gauge wasn't reading at all. For some odd reason though if you shut it off immediately though and crank it back up the oil pressure gauge kicks on and reads just fine. So idk that truck makes me wonder, I have to say that 4.7 surprises me though, the amount of getup compared to my 5.9 aren't really that different but that truck has some balls. It will flat up get up and move those huge ass wheels without a problem. I actually kinda squeaked em from a stop not thinkin bout it bein able to break the things free but I was wrong. Don't worry lol I had permission from the owner to drive it like I stole it :D I shoulda got an exhaust vid too, he's got a Flowmaster super 44 with half assed duals and oh my god does that **** drone like crazy.