TOTM Announcements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Last day, last notice. Nominees will be posted tomorrow! :)

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
We're going all in this month. Have to get enough trucks for themes. Might be this way the first couple months. Depends on how fast we get people signed up. I'll post a list of eligible trucks tomorrow for nominations.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Would still like to see people enter their trucks for next month. If you're already registered, no need to do it again. But would like to see some more trucks register for TOTM. A lot of good lookin' trucks out there.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Still wanting to get to the point we can have themed TOTM contest but we're lacking in participants. Right now 4th Gen Rams and Lifted Trucks dominate the ranks making it harder to have any theme to the contest other than that.

So here's my idea. I don't want to run around spamming the forum trying to get people to sign up. But maybe when we're in someone's build thread or see them posting pics of their nice truck, we can make mention of entering their truck in the TOTM? I still think some people are just not aware that we have this contest. What do you guys think?

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well I'd imagine mentioning it if you're talking to the owner on their thread. Don't know, just tryin' to find a way to get it in front of people that may not know it's there.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just a reminder, if you change the name of your photo album the link will break and no one will see your truck to nominate. Just shoot me a message if you need to rename or change your photo album for the TOTM contest.

Keep those photos updated as well. I would avoid submitting a photo in a driveway or parking lot with other cars around the truck. Try and get some pictures where you can see your whole truck.

Next month I think I'm going to do the first themed TOTM contest. Have enough for a 2nd Gen TOTM contest and the month after think I'll shoot for a Sport(lowered) TOTM. Let me know if you have any feedback.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So I think we have enough trucks to have some themed category events. I am sending an email asking you let me know what categories you truck may fit in. I don't need to know the Gen of your truck, I'm a smart feller, lol.

Here is a list of ideas with some notes. Feel free to mention any additional categories you can think of.

1st Gen - need more trucks
2nd Gen
3rd Gen
4th Gen - not sure we need to, they win most of the open TOTM events, lol

Sport Truck = anything lowered including reverse level
Lifted Truck = anything lifted including leveled - only seems fair
Diesel = self explanatory but I can't tell from your pictures
Stock Height = any truck at stock height suspension - can have different wheel/tire sizes
Stock Truck = no exterior mods at all

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Those categories look good. What about stock-modified? IE, a truck that's not completely stock, but doesn't have massive exterior mods. Just a few, tasteful mods.

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Those categories look good. What about stock-modified? IE, a truck that's not completely stock, but doesn't have massive exterior mods. Just a few, tasteful mods.

I am all for the stock height - modified, as my truck has several performance mods, and some exterior mods.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So here's where I am with themed contests.

If there are 10 or less trucks in a category, we will not hold a nomination round. It will just be voting for the whole month. If there are more than 10 in that category we will have nominations for the month.

Names over pictures during the voting round are now linked to the album I have for that truck.

I will add a stock-height category but this will include modified and non-modified trucks. Really want to avoid getting picky over what is and is not modified.

So being there were two 2nd Gen trucks in last month's finals, this month's theme is 2nd Gen. Next month will be Sport Trucks. Please keep those albums updated and good luck!

rammanriley20

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Mag
i think stock height- modified would be a great category. weeds out the big lifted dudes that usually win...

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Have a question for you guys. Currently if you win a TOTM contest, you're out for 6 months before your eligible for another contest. My question is should I keep it this way for theme contests. Such as Sport, Lifted, Gens, etc.

I have been keeping people out for 6 months even for the themed contests, but I wonder if these should be exceptions. Let me know what you guys think before tomorrow if you can. Want to start the 4th Gen Lifted contest tomorrow.

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Have a question for you guys. Currently if you win a TOTM contest, you're out for 6 months before your eligible for another contest. My question is should I keep it this way for theme contests. Such as Sport, Lifted, Gens, etc.

I have been keeping people out for 6 months even for the themed contests, but I wonder if these should be exceptions. Let me know what you guys think before tomorrow if you can. Want to start the 4th Gen Lifted contest tomorrow.

Win a themed and you are ineligible for that same theme contest again for 6 months. But you can still be eligible for others. So win a lifted TOTM, not eligible for that again for 6 months but you are still eligible for Sport or general TOTM.

Just my opinion, not that I will win any of them any time soon.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It's a good idea, but I doubt we'll ever have back to back themes in 6 months. We have enough themes to cover about 6 - 8 months. I appreciate the feedback though!