Touch screen problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
generaljenkins

generaljenkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
08/13
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took mine in and the dealer said it was a fray in my iphone charger. I explained to them it was a new cord because I thought it may have been the same problem. I also explained to them it was doing it with out anything at all plugged in, and all Bluetooth devices off. They said as Soon as they unplugged the cord, the radio acted fine. Then they saw my knob for the amp...and you can all guess how the rest of the story went. But what I realized is, when they opened the middle console and unplugged the cord, the issue stopped. So I drove down to the beach, about a three hour drive, it was fine. So now, anytime it starts going crazy, I firmly hit the top of the consol and it starts working fine. So the issue is in the consol somewhere. Once it's figured out by Dodge, then I can get it fixed. But I have to make sure the issue is far away from the amp install :/

mtday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'll let you know what they figure out, truck is being looked at now. Service writer thought they'd just have to replace the radio, I have a feeling they're gonna half-ass the diagnosis.

OP
OP
generaljenkins

generaljenkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
08/13
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll let you know what they figure out, truck is being looked at now. Service writer thought they'd just have to replace the radio, I have a feeling they're gonna half-ass the diagnosis.

Any luck??

mtday

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Loose connection under the seat supposedly... Seems too simple but the problem is gone.

Sorry I forgot to update...hopefully yours gets figured out.

OP
OP
generaljenkins

generaljenkins

Reaction score
Ram Year
08/13
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So mine was all due to the Viper alarm. I had them remove the Viper, and everything started working again. So they put it all back in with a module that Viper finally came out with for the 13's. Everything worked fine for awhile, then one day the nav stopped holding memory. So I reset the unit, holding the hot and cold buttons, and now it all works great. Hopefully it all work now.