TPMS issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docforrest

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello, great forum, long time reader, first time poster

I just changed my tires from summer to winter. My new tires are steel Dodge rims with the TMPS. However, my TMPS sensors don't seem to be picking up the new tire pressures (all 4 are good). Any suggestions on how to reset? I've already driven probably 50kms on the new tires, although 2 of the old tires & rims were in the pick up bed, not sure if that would screw up the RF of the sensors.

Thanks in advance for any advice

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If the wheels and sensors are new take them to the tire shop and they should be able to manually scan them in or swap them out if they put in the wrong sensors. There's 2 different types on the 4th Gen. Not sue what year yours is. Not sure which year they changed them, but my 2011 has different sensors than my 2017 and yes take the old tires out of the back. Usually does,'t matter, but I've been told they do sometimes interfere if they're still reading the old ones they may not find the new ones. Once they're reading it makes no difference.