Trade in value

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamIt22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Now I know check blue book and it said $24,800 but I just curious to know what people are accually getting for trade in? I've got a 2012 1500 express quad cab with 4x4 and the hemi. 22,*** miles. My dealer has a new 2012 2500 power wagon that I've been checking out since I bought my truck. And now I'm regretting not saving a little extra to get what I really wanted. They are asking $39,000 for that.

tommyguns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
take it to carmax they will value your car very close to what it is actually worth.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Trade in blue book means nothing anymore, the market is so saturated that dealers sell low and buy low. If dealers paid "trade in" "blue book" on used cars they would go broke. If they sold cars at "retail" blue book nobody would buy them. I paid 10 grand off MSRP for my truck, if the dealer paid me trade in blue book they would pay me money to buy their truck. You have a real nice truck, is there a compelling reason to trade it in already? The problem you are going to run into, and the same problem the dealer has, is if someone has that much money, they are just likely going to buy a new truck.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^Agreed.
Tehy're asking $39K for the PW but what would it really take to buy it??
Do you owe anything on your truck? Finding out if you'll end up "upside down" on it would be a place to start.(aka if you owe more than you could hope to get by selling it or trading it in)

OP
OP
RamIt22

RamIt22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I owe about $5000 less then its value. But after really thinking about it I'm thinking it might be a better option to keep my current truck cuz I still do like it I've just always loved those power wagons and have always wanted one. I think I might be better off just buying a project truck to take off road. That way I won't have the fear of taking a $39k truck into "bad" situations. That beeing said I've been eyeing up a nice comanche that would be sweet to play around with. I always did miss my cherokee that I sold when I bought this truck.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL There's always something newer/shinier/faster out there, and retailers know it.
If you can be happy with what you have and it meets your needs you'll save $$
Sorry for sounding like an old fart.

jasf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Go to an auction site to see what the real value of your truck is. The dealer is going to be +/- about $500 on that number from what I learned when I traded off my Chevy for the new Ram.