Traded in my GT500 for my first Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pridemore54

pridemore54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's awesome man. Good luck.
I was looking at the '13/1'4 GT500 cars as well. I need one that 100% stock, super low mileage and super clean though. Too hard to find. Plus, I'm picky on color and it needs to have the Track Pak as well. I love my '13 Roush Stage 3 in GHIG. Super clean, super low mileage, (only 3,300 miles), and always garaged. Never been out in rain/snow/wet pavement.
I was thinking of ordering a 2019 Z06/Z07 3LZ, but I don't think I want to be stuck with a car payment for 10 years. Could probably pay it off in 8, but still that's way too long and it's a high car payment. The one I built priced out at over 108K. It would be my last toy and I want to go out with a bang. Don't think it's going to happen. lol

I bet that thing looks amazing! I agree with you completely about the GT500. If you haven't looked, try the market in svtperformance.com it's a great forum. Lots of well taken care of cars. I want mine in deep impact blue with white racing stripes like my Roush was.

OP
OP
pridemore54

pridemore54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Used Raptor (decked out) = $50K
New Rebel...less than that.

Good choice. I too thought about a Raptor. I just couldn't justify the price though....and I love the Hemi....

Yeah with my options mine came in at 55k brand new. I think these Rebels will hold their value pretty well so long as the air suspension remains reliable. I was weary of the 5.7 since it's one of the lower powered motors in the muscle car world. But in the truck world it seems to be one of the best so I'm pretty happy about that with the 8 speed.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bet that thing looks amazing! I agree with you completely about the GT500. If you haven't looked, try the market in svtperformance.com it's a great forum. Lots of well taken care of cars. I want mine in deep impact blue with white racing stripes like my Roush was.
Thanks, yes it does look amazing. Great car.
I am an active member on that forum. I know most of the guys on a first name basis. lol I love that forum.
Good luck going forward bro! Enjoy the Ram.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was looking at them but they have a lot of stupid little issues for a used truck that costs the same as a new rebel. For example, you have to get the fox shocks built every 50k miles. Also the rear window will shatter if you use the rear defroster. Also they have a lot of electrical and blend door issues. Like hell I'm going back to the blend door issues I had with my Jeep. I'm pretty happy with my choice
Thank's for clearing that up, just goes to show ALL vehicles have their inherent problems, huh?

OP
OP
pridemore54

pridemore54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank's for clearing that up, just goes to show ALL vehicles have their inherent problems, huh?
They definitely do. Another factor was the interior. Other than some stitching and the aux buttons, not much different or more luxurious than a typical f150. Rebel on the other has lots of little things different from a typical ram. I'm a big fan of the gauge cluster over the typical ram. Very clean and fits my taste perfectly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963