Trailer brake wiring install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

demonram322

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all. First post here.

I have a 07 Ram 4x4 quad 5.7. The truck was not built with the towing package. I wanted one so the dealer installed a kit (M82207253 I believe.) So I know have the 7 round plug in the rear. I have the blue connector under the dash. Under the hood I now have a wire that connects to the battery and a fused wire coming out of the loom. Also there is a blue wire coming from the loom that doesn't connect to anything and is just curled up and zip tied behind the battery.

This is where I am confused. I have been told conflicting things about this blue wire. Some say it goes into the cab and hooks into the brake controller?

Others say it goes under the truck and goes somewhere where two plugs meet under the drivers side front where two plugs meet. They say if I attach the blue wire there correctly I can install a plug and play brake controller (with the adapter harness.)

Anyone familiar with this? I want trailer brakes but I want to do it right. Thank you.

sheiston

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Brakes

Trace the blue wire. It should go to the 7 way plug in the back of your truck. It should connect to the blue wire on the controller box. That is what feeds the trailer brakes