Tranny is startin to slip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
I've heard and read that too. Something about the metal shavings and grit are the only thing providing friction for the transmission to work as well as it does and if you flush it with new slick fluid it may stop working completely.

Anyone know if that also applies to changing the filter?

cheapbeater

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i was told that **** too, but the shop i took mine to did the inlet line flush, dropped the pan, swapped the filters and cleaned the vb... this was at about 80K and i'm sure it had never had a complete flush... but we have different trannies

i would look into a band adjustment and flush...

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
If I'm thinking right the tranny holds the 14 -16L because of the TC. So a full flush wouldn't be possible without pulling the TC so whether you drop the pan and change it by hand or use the machine all the fluid won't be replaced anyway. But my vote is to drop the pan. I don't like the idea of extra metal shavings running threw my tranny than needed. lol

OP
OP
Shiloh 24

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
It's never been flushed since I've owned it, I've had it damn near 30k. I don't know about the previous owner, it had 78k on it when i bought it.