trans issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timstrohaver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have a issue with there transmission delaying going into gear ? I have a 09 ram and it has a 6second delay before it actually goes into gear. Also went into limp mode and stuck in 4th gear on me a couple times, I stopped the truck and shut it off, let it set for a couple seconds, started it back up and it was fine, I did a code check and it had one for tcm low voltage. Can anyone help me out

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum.

A TCM low voltage code is coming from the transmission control module circuit, caused by low battery voltage or an open or short circuit.

I'd check the data cable plug into the transmission case to make sure it's clean, not corroded and has no damage. Also, check the harness from the trans to the PCM to make sure the harness is in good condition.

Good luck!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Does it happen in tow haul mode?

2bndrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have a issue with there transmission delaying going into gear ? I have a 09 ram and it has a 6second delay before it actually goes into gear. Also went into limp mode and stuck in 4th gear on me a couple times, I stopped the truck and shut it off, let it set for a couple seconds, started it back up and it was fine, I did a code check and it had one for tcm low voltage. Can anyone help me out
Can you give an update on this issue. I had the same problem this morning and my trans is still stuck in 4th gear.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk