trans question ..... parts help ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hey guys ... after some great info on here i know i need to replace my trans shift solenoid block/pack but heres my question .....

i work at a shop and get the factory part for $250 my cost

...or .. should i go with the part from cascade trans parts .... part# 72420A for $249.00 ...

..or ... amazon has it through transparts warehouse for $159 refurbished ....Transparts Warehouse
Dodge 45RFE 68RFE Transmission Solenoid Block Pack Sonnax Remanufactured 04-ON
5.0 out of 5 stars 2 customer reviews | 3 answered questions
Available from these sellers.
Late Style W/White Connector Includes EPC
These solenoid blocks are 100% disassembled, cleaned and reassembled with new seals and springs.
The solenoids are precision tested to OE specifications.
Ability to function at higher line pressure 100% Electrical inspection Full functional testing Direct replacement, no need to purchase separate TRS selector plate
› See more product details
Refurbished (1) from $159.95 + $4.49 shipping

anyone that has done this please chime in and let me know which way you went. thanks guys, scott

EdgarF_hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
what shifting issue were you having? my dodge sometimes does not shift right, but if I stop, turn off and turn back on it works great. Autozone said the error code pointed to a faulty transmission selonoid ( i lost the error code), but said for me to take it to a transmission shop since they dont carry those parts.