Trans woes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jessyj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the other day I was out in my 96 2wd pace truck, when I missed my turn. So I just let her rip and did a donut to go the other way, i have done it lots on dry pavement, the pavement was wet this time. So now the truck won,t take off in first gear when I put it in drive. If I do it manually no problem. But a few times now when shifting up manually when it gets to the drive position it seems to go into reverse for a second chirping the back tires like I locked the wheels up. I,m sure something broke now, but what is a common failure in these trannys when the get beat on like this. I have owned this truck since new and it only has 80000 miles on.I put a transgo shift kit in it when it was new. Thanks for any info you all might. Lucky it,s not my daily driver.

1504363312944.jpg

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Sounds like what mine did when i went to burn off an old set of tires. The high line pressure can muck up the governor solenoid