Transfer case rear output seal sleeve question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My transfer case is leaking from the rear output shaft seal. I've replaced the seal and the leak remains. I'm assuming that the sealing surface on the slip yoke is pitted or imperfect in some way. I found an output shaft repair sleeve by Timken, part # KWK99187, ordered it and got it today. Figure to install it this weekend. I opened the box and its two parts, one sleeve with a lip around it, I know this goes over the shaft. The other part looks like a cup that the sleeve fits into. I assume that this is a tool to press the sleeve? There are no instructions with the sleeve.

Has anyone ever installed one of these that can shed some light on how to install it without ruining the seal, sleeve or slip yoke?

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Looked it up and found this.
Kwik-Sleeve™ is a fast, economical and effective way to refinish a seal-worn shaft. It is a precision engineered sleeve made of stainless steel and then hard chromed for extended life. Because of its thin-wall design, a Kwik-Sleeve can be used without changing the size of the seal and its finish is ideal for lipsealing applications. No expensive preparation or machining is required before mounting.

Each Kwik-Sleeve comes with a removable installation flange and its own installation tool. The installation tool reduces the possibility of sleeve distortion and provides for sleeve installation without the removal of the shaft from the serviced equipment.