Transporting a king size bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Recently ordered a king size mattress and box spring, being the cheap ass that I am I declined the $100 delivery which in hindsite I should have just opted for.

With that said, anyone moved a king size mattress in a crew cab?

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Take plywood or osb that is the same size and sandwich it with the mattress between it, then strap it over the top a couple of times and around back a couple of times.

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
Yes I did. But I also had a 18FT auto transport with it.

But seriously here. The box spring should be 2 parts. Stack them and then just wrap the mattress with tarps and just strap it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have a bed cover. Simply placed it on top, strapped it down and was good to go. I've done it a few times with no issues

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

dsent

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
6.7 cummins diesel
N1ck,

Just my opinion but WTF!

REALLY you got $35K pickup! To freaking stupid to be able to put a mattress set in the bed and secure it! You should sell the truck so you can afford to pay for your deliveries and go back to driving economy car!

OP
OP
N1ck

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
N1ck,

Just my opinion but WTF!

REALLY you got $35K pickup! To freaking stupid to be able to put a mattress set in the bed and secure it! You should sell the truck so you can afford to pay for your deliveries and go back to driving economy car!

BRB - going to Chev dealer to trade for Chev Cruise.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ Rofl -Atta boy -

But as stated above- I have a tri fold bed cover and the two times we have moved our king mattess and box springs just go on top of it. And they where not near locations, the mattresses where on the truck for a full day and a ton of miles.
Go to a Uhaul place and spend the 5$ to get mattress covers-