Truck Height afterMaxtrac 7" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheAccountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I am installing a Maxtrac 7" lift on my 2015 ram 1500 next month and will be running 35's. Ive seen a number of people with this set up, and was wondering how tall the truck is at the highest point after the lift. Stock my truck is about 75 inches (6'3") and the clearance to my garage at work is 82 inches (6'10"). Just wondering if ill fit still or if i will need to look into parking elsewhere.

Thanks

*Edit***************************

Just to clear up any possible confusion, the 7" lift is 7" in the front and 4.5" in the back. So it isn't as simple as saying "7 inches of lift plus 2 inches of tire". The highest point is the satellite antennae on the roof of the truck. Just need to know how tall it is from the ground to the top of that.

Thanks again!

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am installing a Maxtrac 7" lift on my 2015 ram 1500 next month and will be running 35's. Ive seen a number of people with this set up, and was wondering how tall the truck is at the highest point after the lift. Stock my truck is about 75 inches (6'3") and the clearance to my garage at work is 82 inches (6'10"). Just wondering if ill fit still or if i will need to look into parking elsewhere.

Thanks

*Edit***************************

Just to clear up any possible confusion, the 7" lift is 7" in the front and 4.5" in the back. So it isn't as simple as saying "7 inches of lift plus 2 inches of tire". The highest point is the satellite antennae on the roof of the truck. Just need to know how tall it is from the ground to the top of that.

Thanks again!

Anything below 7' and my truck won't fit.

I have the maxtrac 7" on 35" nitto G2's

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you going to 35" tires, it's only a 1" lift because the stock tires are 33".
Here's when I had the lift on my truck. These measurements are from the ground to the middle of the fenders.
Can compare these to what you got now and see.
This is with the stock 33" tires. As you can see, I had roughly a 1/2" of rake and it wasn't that noticeable.

Attachments

• Picture_20171125_081114465.jpg
    Picture_20171125_081114465.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
TheAccountant

TheAccountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just an update. I installed the 7 inch lift and 35" tires the other day and my truck is exactly 6'10". I am able to fit in the parking garage by the skin of my teeth.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Sounds like me and my garage LOL. I did the 4.5/3" Maxtrac lift, and the shark fin is like 1/4" away from door when I pull in.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an update. I installed the 7 inch lift and 35" tires the other day and my truck is exactly 6'10". I am able to fit in the parking garage by the skin of my teeth.

Wow, I didn't think you would make it. I'm sure it is a bit nerve racking to drive through. The garage must be a little higher than 6'10". I can't get in my 7' garage with a 6" lift, likely due to the inclined driveway.

OP
OP
TheAccountant

TheAccountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Wow, I didn't think you would make it. I'm sure it is a bit nerve racking to drive through. The garage must be a little higher than 6'10". I can't get in my 7' garage with a 6" lift, likely due to the inclined driveway.

Do you have a 4wd or 2wd? Mine is 2wd. I know the stock 4wd models sit a couple inches taller than the 2wd models. I actually measured from the ground to the clearance sign a couple days before I installed the lift and it was exactly 6'10". Once you get past the clearance sign, the rest of the garage is probably 6 inches higher except where there are pipes.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a 4wd or 2wd? Mine is 2wd. I know the stock 4wd models sit a couple inches taller than the 2wd models. I actually measured from the ground to the clearance sign a couple days before I installed the lift and it was exactly 6'10". Once you get past the clearance sign, the rest of the garage is probably 6 inches higher except where there are pipes.

Yeah, I do have 4x4. I am at 6'10 1/2", excluding the roof racks. My driveway is at an incline and levels right at the garage door, so it goes in nose high and pushes just past 7'.

Dbjb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Sport 2wd
Accountant,
What wheel/tire sizes are you running? Looks great!

Bencom03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an update. I installed the 7 inch lift and 35" tires the other day and my truck is exactly 6'10". I am able to fit in the parking garage by the skin of
Accountant,
What wheel/tire sizes are you running? Looks great!
Accountant, when you installed the lift was your truck level or did you need to put a spacer?