Truck running strange at low speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck is running very strangely at low speeds. I'll notice it when im braking cause its only when I'm going that slow. Its like my truck is losing and gaining power very quickly and consistently. I also noticed it backing into my driveway cause it slopes so I idled up very slow. And ideas what this would be? Its a 2011 1500 5.7L with 103,000kms

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, nothing. Its hard to explain what its doing. Its like go stop go stop go stop, just instead of stopping completely it just slows down a bit. And its only when I'm going very slow, like riding my brakes

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmmmm maybe check your fuel filter? At 64k miles if it hadn't been done yet could be part of it.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
No fuel filters on these. Could possibly be a transmission issue with a locked torque converter or a throttle body issue since the 5.7 is a drive by wire setup

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No fuel filters on these. Could possibly be a transmission issue with a locked torque converter or a throttle body issue since the 5.7 is a drive by wire setup

Haha well son of a *****! Haven't had my 4th Gen long enough to even worry about it let alone to even look up that it's part of the fuel pump module in the tank and the tank has to be removed to access.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Haha well son of a *****! Haven't had my 4th Gen long enough to even worry about it let alone to even look up that it's part of the fuel pump module in the tank and the tank has to be removed to access.

I thought they had one when i first bought mine but the only filter is the pickup screen on the pump in the tank. Ive had everything but the cab off my truck and ive never seen one lol

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know the air filter needs to be changed. What ate you suppose to do about the fuel filter? Go through all that yo change it orb do we just leave it?

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bump

ZCR

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Longhorn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi A8 3.92
I'd think a fuel filter problem would show up more under higher loads/speeds when there is more demand. Are the RPM's increasing or decreasing when you lose power? Have you checked trans fluid lvl?

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd think a fuel filter problem would show up more under higher loads/speeds when there is more demand. Are the RPM's increasing or decreasing when you lose power? Have you checked trans fluid lvl?

Ya you'd think. I'll watch the RPM next time and check

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rpm does not change the