Truxedo TruXport Tonneau Cover Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Hello,

I have a 2013 SLT with a 6.5 ft bed. I have the above mentioned tonneau cover. The truck was rear ended and they want to reuse the cover. However, on the tailgate side, the two back corners (corner plugs) with the weather seals (foam inserts) are not sitting on the bedrail to create a tight seal and are leaving a gap. I cannot remember if this is how it normally fits or if the tonneau cover got damaged in the accident and insurance is just trying to save some money and reuse it.

If anyone can tell me how their's is sitting and if you have pictures from directly behind the truck at the level of the tonneau cover that would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a link to the install instructions and I am referring to step 10.

https://www.truxedo.com/files/pdf/1116032-truxport-manual.pdf

Thanks.

OP
OP
gixxer

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Thanks for the picture.

I don't have one as the truck is in the body shop and I was there briefly. I just know I can put my finger between that foam corner and the bed rail.

I will see if I can get a picture the next time I am there.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I never liked the folded covers, they pull up on the plastic rail and they slowly come off the corners. If you can get them to take that one give you a voucher and maybe get a Bak revolver x2? I never have had problems with mine and love it. I have had a tri-fold though and did what you are describing.

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Have it replaced... if the gap is huge it things get wet and sometime air pressure can build up and rip the cover off