Trying to identify?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
scippy

scippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 3500 dually
Engine
24v cummins
Search is over!!!...took me a little more than a week, but I found (2) in Denison, Tx. rust free!........thanks to everyone for your help!!

Last edited:

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dam, I’d venture to guess they drilled the bolts outs, I have yet been able to knock one loose (even with an impact) in the years I’ve beem yanking parts at junkyards.

OP
OP
scippy

scippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 3500 dually
Engine
24v cummins
OK since the used strikers will be here soon
Dam, I’d venture to guess they drilled the bolts outs, I have yet been able to knock one loose (even with an impact) in the years I’ve beem yanking parts at junkyards.

Mine will be here soon and I suppose the old ones will be tough like you said to remove.....and if I have to drill the bolts out like you've experienced.
Can you easily damage the female side in the rocker?........what is exactly in the rocker that the bolts screw into?....I've never seen the inside of one.

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Neither have I, my ‘99 had one that the little springy thing was moving anymore, I gave up on trying to find a replacement & eventually sold the truck.

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It took some digging but I believe this is the part number you're looking for. 55275105

It looks like it's called the Rear Lower Left Striker and Rear Lower Right Striker

Edit: I should read some more lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
scippy

scippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 3500 dually
Engine
24v cummins
It took some digging but I believe this is the part number you're looking for. 55275105

It looks like it's called the Rear Lower Left Striker and Rear Lower Right Striker

Edit: I should read some more lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Unbelievable!!- That's exactly it!!..........and half the price I paid for a used one!.....boy, can't tell ya how long I searched!!!

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Unbelievable!!- That's exactly it!!..........and half the price I paid for a used one!.....boy, can't tell ya how long I searched!!!
Cool, man I'm sorry I didn't post the link of.where I found it. I literally just dug through a Dodge ram parts catalog on a website. I'll see if I can't dig it up when I get home.

Edit: This was my reference site http://www.dodgeparts.com

It's a bit of a PITA to navigate but once you figure out where you need to be it can be pretty useful.

Last edited: