Tune from 6 speed to 8 speed Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Sean,

I have a 2013 Ram 1500 with the 6 speed trans and one of your great tunes. I would like to install a 8 speed trans from either a 2013 or 2014 Ram. I have found several available for around $1000 at salvage yards with a matching PCM for $250.

So, could you program either: my stock PCM, the PCM that matches the donor trans, or one of you new PCM's to run with the 8 speed trans and my truck?

Seems like it should be possible. And maybe a better option than trying to keep the 6 speed from dying every 2 years.

:superhack:

hemifever

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you completed a swap and matched up the necessary wiring/ecu/trans for it to function 100% then it can be tuned correctly. i can't reprogram the change to function correctly if it's not mechanically correct

OP
OP
Jerseymike

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. Sounds like an expensive can of worms. I just installed a transgo reprogramming kit on the valve body and the trans is shifting much better(faster). If this trans goes, I will have to find a builder to beef it up next time.