U-Connect reset to basic mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Myren

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2012
Engine
Eco-Diesel, Cummins I-6
Greetings! Well, I screwed up, I just don't know how bad yet!!! I JUST took possession of a 2018 Ram 1500 with Eco-Diesel. I went to install my dashcam from my previous RAM which requires power all the time. Whenever I work with vehicle power I err on the side of caution and disconnect the battery while making connections. Simple hook up 1 to positive terminal with fuse and one to ground. Hooked my battery back up and now I have a check engine light on and the U-Connect reverted to some basic set up mode that has just a few of the commands and does not even list Sirius XM as an option on the screen... So, the question is,,,, Do I just need to get the dealership to reload the "profile" to the radio or did I ***** myself? Thanks folks!!!

yillbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For one, they don't need to know what happened. Take it to the dealer on Monday and say fix it. They will get 'er done.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
Just need to let the truck relearn. Check it in the morning and it should be g2g.

OP
OP
S

Steve Myren

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2012
Engine
Eco-Diesel, Cummins I-6
CuylerTech you were dead-on! I went back out just now and it was all back to normal... THANKS!!! Big Sigh of Relief!