Uconnect 5.0 multi amp install questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this has been discussed in depth on these forums. And I have been reading here for what feels like weeks now and I am still confused. Sorry for yet another post about it.

What is the deal on load resistors and lc2i, 6i, pacs etc... I need to choose one of them but what is the best one to go with? I need three rca outputs total.

All of the amps I am planning on running have line level inputs. So can I just use those with load resistors and run new wires for the speakers?

The whole setup consists of three amplifiers, two subwoofers and six speakers. I plan on running the front four speakers on one amp and the rear two on another. Is there a better way to do it? I already bought all the amps but can send them back if you guys have a better idea.

I'm really hoping to not have any issues with sound not coming through once everything is hooked up. It seems like quite a few people have issues installing these systems on the 5.0. I usually would swap the head unit too but in this case I don't want to lose the ability to change settings in my truck. I also like extremely stealthy installs that look factory.

Thanks for the help in advance! If anyone has any links to other related topics I'd appreciate it if you could share it. I think I have read through most of them now haha.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I don't believe the 5.0 has the same resistor need as the 8.4. You can test that by disconnecting a speaker. If you get no sound from any speaker, you will need the resistors.