Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4an update - 17.11.07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
Antenna on roof. Thanks for advice however I did not buy the vehicle to dump money into it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You bought a used vehicle that you knew the previous owner had modified and now you are upset because it doesn't function like a higher level vehicle and that is somehow Ram's fault? As has been suggested, upgrade the rest of the system so you have full functionality or sell the already installed higher tier parts and return the truck to original configuration. You have no case here.

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had an interesting day at the dealer with my "Vehicle Phone Requires Service" issue and 8.4 not reading my iPod at all.

I had my 8.4 head unit replaced less than 2 weeks ago. The version noted on the head unit is: 17.11.01

I finally got ahold of UConnect today (open case number) and they informed me that 17.11.09 and 17.11.01 are the SAME VERSION (technically). The only difference is that the .01 is factory installed on the radio and .09 is Over The Air downloaded.

Interesting. Just an FYI to anyone out there checking the numbers and wondering.

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I figured out my navigation system problems, I only have a satellite radio antenna, not the shark fin style which I'm told is for navigation systems. So I'm thinking if I change the antenna, at least my navigation will track and and not go crazy and off course. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

whitewhale27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I figured out my navigation system problems, I only have a satellite radio antenna, not the shark fin style which I'm told is for navigation systems. So I'm thinking if I change the antenna, at least my navigation will track and and not go crazy and off course. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Nope, opposite actually. Puck is GPS/NAV/SAT, Shark Fin is Cell and GPS. In order to change it you will also need to run all new cabling from the radio thru the headliner.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nope, opposite actually. Puck is GPS/NAV/SAT, Shark Fin is Cell and GPS. In order to change it you will also need to run all new cabling from the radio thru the headliner.

Correct. The puck supports everything but cellular.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The shark fin supports NAV also correct??? Has to because when I had my RA4 in my truck the nav worked just fine... plus my RA3 is NAV ready too.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The shark fin supports NAV also correct??? Has to because when I had my RA4 in my truck the nav worked just fine... plus my RA3 is NAV ready too.

Yes. It does everything the puck does plus cellular.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I think the NAV off course issue is entirely related to the time being off. When I switch it to manual time and correct it, I can come back to the truck the next day and the NAV will be working. As the radio time drifts again the NAV shows further and further off course.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

loopless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This my understanding. It is always active, you just can't use features unless you pay for it. Just like a cell phone with no service, it does actually connect to the tower, even without service, you just can't make or receive calls.

Well after receiving the e-mail over a week ago... I'm still waiting for the update to show up!

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I never received an email however it showed up on my truck, it only took about 30 minutes from start to finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4an update - 17.11.07

Never received an email or heard anything about this... I have a 2014 does the year matter ?
And what exactly are the benefits to this update here

jdomke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My wife got hers on her 2015 300 but still nothing on my 2015 Ram 1500 transplant radio.

Zac0490

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi 3.73
Update

I received mine last night and no problem so far. Took 30 minutes to download and install.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No update here in New Orleans for my 2014 CC RA3 to RA4 mod

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

joneseysr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Long Island, NY......got an email last week and then got the update a couple days ago. Had to re-paire my iphone6, but all seems fine after i was done with that.

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got mine, installed with no issues. Noticed few things better, such as a "softer" voice telling me to slow down..lol. Also now able to send directions to the nav from my phone with "send and go", I didn't have that option before this update.