Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4an update - 17.11.07

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by danmp, Mar 28, 2017.

1. soapy

soapy Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    Bingo, that worked. Thanks for the tip SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend likes this.
  2. Witch

Witch Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 liter
    The saga continues

The dealer after scratching my door had the truck another 3 days making it 4 days in total to fix the USB not working after the 17 version update

The y replaced the wire and the USB hub assembly and still nothing
    I had to have the truck back so I went it and told them I have to have my truck back.
    I figured I would take it to someone =that would do more than swap parts. the incompetence of their staff is staggering
    So I thought I would try my hand at fixing it last night. came across a setting that said return to factory defaults. Thought to myself what do I have to lose right ?

Did that now the splash screen comes up SLT ??? effed up right ? not sure how to get it back to the way it was when I bought it ? Please any help is appreciated , not a fan of the new splash screen as I do not have and SLT ....

But I continued to look through all the settings and came across a setting called auto play. turned that on and boom , this had to be the problem the whole time so after a scratched door 4 days in the shop I fixed it in about 45 minutes of just Fielding around with the settings ???

But now the splash screen? please let me know if you have any ideas how to return it to the way It was

I have a 2015 Outdoorsman

tones2SS likes this.
  3. 00R/T

00R/T Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI
    Are you sure it's not the SRT logo on the splash screen? Previously all RAMs had the same splash screen regardless of trim level, and it was the RAM logo. I doubt that has changed.

Either way, it should correct itself. When the radio is reset it usually displays the incorrect screen for a little while.

SitKneelBend likes this.
  4. SitKneelBend

SitKneelBend Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.6 Pentastar
    This^^^ SRT is the default and every 8.4 (in a Ram) displays that after reset. It will change after a few start-ups...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

5. Witch

Witch Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7 liter
    Sure you guys are right, was going off memory and I am old

cool so it will correct itself :)

R.L.K. likes this.
  6. tones2SS

tones2SS Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    So, I got my haircut yesterday, get back in the truck hoping to listen to some tunes that I have on a dedicated thumbdrive that I leave in the truck's USB port. Didn't work. I took it out multiple times and replacing it over and over to no avail till I got home.I was kinda pissed off about it. So this morning, the same thing on the way to work. It did not work. Go into work for 8 hours, come back into the truck today,....now it works. Weird.
    Don't forget, these trucks are like computers and sometimes they just need a reboot, or a shut off and need to reset themselves.
    Good luck with yours! Hopefully everything goes back to normal.

R.L.K. likes this.
  7. BadHabit2Break

BadHabit2Break Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.6L
    when I did the factory reset on my the other day, the SRT logo popped up first thing upon reboot.

8. LilRamie

LilRamie Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7L
    Ok, So I’ve been getting those annoying prompts to install the update on my RAM. I’ve been resisting the update but these prompts are becoming more and more frequent and annoying.

My resistance stems back to my experiences over the years with smart devices, primarily phones both iOS and android based devices but also non phone proprietary electronic devices. In my experience, these electronic devices have an initial release that generally has some quirks needing to be worked out, out comes some fixes and critical updates and bam your off to the races generally speaking. Now some time passes and technology improves. New updates come along to modernize the old devices to be on par or as much as they can be with current technology, the only problem is they were not designed with these new demands. So in turn this band aid approach I find often slows performance and or presents other new issues or worse renders the item useless. Yea there may be some improvements but at what costs. Now I read this will be a forced update after a period of time which is complete crap. I bought my truck, I own it, it’s not uconnects or anyone else’s device to update – give me the freakin option to decline -* I’m perfectly happy with my current firmware version. I don’t care about the new features I’d rather keep my working system intact. The old saying applies here, if it ain’t broken don’t fix it.

So I guess enough of my soap box, does anyone know how to disable the update and its annoying prompts to do so?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

9. tones2SS

tones2SS Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I did this today and it works awesome.
    Every once in a while I take the thumbdrive out to update it with new music on the desktop computer and it doesn't get recognized right away when I put it back in the truck. The 'AUTOPLAY' seemed to fix it.
    Good call! :favorites13:

10. cbfodalo@live.com

[email protected] Member

Ram Year:
    13 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
    Engine:
    SLT Outdoorsman
    anybody in NO get 17 update yet. I have 2013 outdoorsman and would like to get update.. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk