Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4an update - 17.11.07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm pretty sure they're working backwards through the years so the 2013s will be the last ones to get the update

doublestack1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure they're working backwards through the years so the 2013s will be the last ones to get the update

Still waiting for my 2017 to be upgraded. Having issues with the favorites (phone) randomly deleting along with a few other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Still waiting for my 2017 to be upgraded. Having issues with the favorites (phone) randomly deleting along with a few other issues.

Lol in that case I have no idea

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my update last night! I can finally change the display themes as well as move apps around. Big upgrade for me!

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2016 was updated about month ago, then a couple days later I got the email. Lol

rgardjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mine showed up a week ago and I've been putting it off ever since. Only problem I currently experience is that Siri doesn't always activate when I press the button on my steering wheel. It's about a 50/50 toss up whether I get Siri or the Ram voice command.

dengland

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine showed up a week ago and I've been putting it off ever since. Only problem I currently experience is that Siri doesn't always activate when I press the button on my steering wheel. It's about a 50/50 toss up whether I get Siri or the Ram voice command.

You do know you have to hold it down versus "pressing" it to get Siri, right?

dengland

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2014 got the 17.11.17 update on 10/02.

rgardjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You do know you have to hold it down versus "pressing" it to get Siri, right?

Yes, but it's still hit and miss. I'd rather deals with this than some of the other issues I've read about that the update can create.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I never push the button, I always use the "hey siri" function off the phone to activate it and send text messages. Works way better then using the button which is like you said 50/50 on which voice you'll get.

Ox1500Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I did my over-the-air update today (2014 Ram 1500 Sport w/ the navigation unit).

After it was finished, my system went completely weird ... I had a "SRT" splash screen come up, and I lost my NAV, console CD, & SD disk functions. "All" of my presets disappeared, NAV points, etc. too. It stayed this way after several ignition power cycles.

I got pissed & called in to uConnect support ... they said I had to take it to the Dealer. I thought, "oh joy, a dealer visit now"! They called the dealer & set up a visit for me.

After getting off the phone, I thought ... let me go fiddle with it one more time ... as I "really" hate dealer visits. Went back to the truck & mysteriously everything was back to "somewhat" normal.

I had to re-do all of my presets, etc. - I get this uConnect "accept" thing every time I start the truck ... then a "loading satellite radio" message. My Sirius station icons also look funky now too ... and it displays album art.

I preferred the way it was before totally ... I see no benefit to the update.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I did my over-the-air update today (2014 Ram 1500 Sport w/ the navigation unit).

After it was finished, my system went completely weird ... I had a "SRT" splash screen come up, and I lost my NAV, console CD, & SD disk functions. "All" of my presets disappeared, NAV points, etc. too. It stayed this way after several ignition power cycles.

I got pissed & called in to uConnect support ... they said I had to take it to the Dealer. I thought, "oh joy, a dealer visit now"! They called the dealer & set up a visit for me.

After getting off the phone, I thought ... let me go fiddle with it one more time ... as I "really" hate dealer visits. Went back to the truck & mysteriously everything was back to "somewhat" normal.

I had to re-do all of my presets, etc. - I get this uConnect "accept" thing every time I start the truck ... then a "loading satellite radio" message. My Sirius station icons also look funky now too ... and it displays album art.

I preferred the way it was before totally ... I see no benefit to the update.
Just so you know, that is all normal after firmware flashing that includes a factory reset...

Several full power cycles and all is back to normal.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Ox1500Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just so you know, that is all normal after firmware flashing that includes a factory reset...

Several full power cycles and all is back to normal.

A heads-up in all the communications would've been helpful though. As well, the support folks were sure it was a failed update & made no mention that the symptoms were normal.

All seems to be working now, so that's whats important to me (along with not having to visit the dreaded dealer).

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
A heads-up in all the communications would've been helpful though. As well, the support folks were sure it was a failed update & made no mention that the symptoms were normal.

All seems to be working now, so that's whats important to me (along with not having to visit the dreaded dealer).
Agreed.

jdomke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I mentioned the lost presets, etc issues back in April I believe. It was listed in the release notes someone posted earlier. I’m not looking forward to losing all my settings either.

dengland

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since my 17.11.17 update my UConnect icon has been saying 1X instead of 3G.

rpasetto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Does anyone know, if you have multiple vehicles with Uconnect, can you use the same Map update on them? ... or do you need to buy one update for each?
It's specific to each radio's unique code, so nope.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!