Uconnect 8.4 & 8.4an update - 17.11.07

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got an email yesterday from uconnect about an upcoming update for my 15' !500 and to look for it soon.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know kind of redundant comment, as others more knowledgeable than me have posted, but if they are emailing the soon to be available notice .. would it tie it to the OEM RA3 i had and since upgraded to the RA4.. would this still be a update not dependent on radio model?? Obviously we have used the donor vin to download manually previous updates. Thanks all..

Sent from my telephone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I know kind of redundant comment, as others more knowledgeable than me have posted, but if they are emailing the soon to be available notice .. would it tie it to the OEM RA3 i had and since upgraded to the RA4.. would this still be a update not dependent on radio model?? Obviously we have used the donor vin to download manually previous updates. Thanks all..

Yes, they are referring to factory installed equipment only.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, im a bit OCD, and want to understand what im installing wether its on my RA4, phone or laptops.. being sure its properly compatable... bricks dont make for a fun day..

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks, im a bit OCD, and want to understand what im installing wether its on my RA4, phone or laptops.. being sure its properly compatable... bricks dont make for a fun day..

For some peace of mind, it "should" not let you install incompatible firmware.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For some peace of mind, it "should" not let you install incompatible firmware.

Just to be safe I'd download to a new 4gig + thumbdrive for the RA4'S donor vehicles Vin # ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Has anyone replaced the glass touchscreen on an RA4? If so where did you find the instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone replaced the glass touchscreen on an RA4? If so where did you find the instructions?

I haven't seen that anyone has done it themselves , but www.navrepair.com
/ vendor here www.infotainment.com can do it .
Hope this helps !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

duunoit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

I've done it. Took the screen off my 2016 Rax jacked up RA3 and put it on a 2015 RA4.

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've done it. Took the screen off my 2016 Rax jacked up RA3 and put it on a 2015 RA4.

Any idea how it comes apart. I removed the mounting bracket. The 4 screws around the back edges and the LCD is loose but does not come off. There are two wires that are soldered at the bottom but not sure if I am missing something else.

wangatang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I was able to download the my15 and my16 updates using canadian VINs, but they don't work with my MY14 radio. those vins aren't showing the 17.11.07 update available yet.

duunoit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I was able to download the my15 and my16 updates using canadian VINs, but they don't work with my MY14 radio. those vins aren't showing the 17.11.07 update available yet.

I was able to find the MY16 ones. But I couldn't find a MY15 VIN that worked. Care to share the one you used?
Thanks

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I was able to find the MY16 ones. But I couldn't find a MY15 VIN that worked. Care to share the one you used?
Thanks

Are you sure these are RA4 downloads and not RA3's? Have yet to see the download for RA4. Can you share a screenshot? VIN? (PM is fine, thanks). I have tried dozens of RA4 VINs, both US and CA, none show downloads. Was able to find one RA3 VIN and that showed the download.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I just check all 12 2013-2017 RA4/VP4-NA VINs I have and none show the v17.x updates yet.

wangatang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Are you sure these are RA4 downloads and not RA3's? Have yet to see the download for RA4. Can you share a screenshot? VIN? (PM is fine, thanks). I have tried dozens of RA4 VINs, both US and CA, none show downloads. Was able to find one RA3 VIN and that showed the download.

They may have been RA3s. I believe the software is the same be it ra3/4 but I was just seeing if the downloads were available.

duunoit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Any idea how it comes apart. I removed the mounting bracket. The 4 screws around the back edges and the LCD is loose but does not come off. There are two wires that are soldered at the bottom but not sure if I am missing something else.

There are 4 screws on the inner corners that are the same size as bracket (T10). Take those out. Lift that center section straight up. The board that it is plugged into *may* come out. If it doesn't, it will still be attached to the back of the screen. Pry it out (again straight up) and you should be staring the first attachment.

There are five screws (you could see 4 of them before, outside corners). They should be T8. Unscrew those and the screen should separate from the cast body. There is another circuit board under it. You will need to pop off the little antenna looking wires from the board. Then you will need to detach the ribbon cables. The the left and center ones are plastic and flip up toward the top. The one on the right you need to flip the metal toward the bottom. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_2312 copy.jpg
    IMG_2312 copy.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2314 copy.jpg
    IMG_2314 copy.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2316 copy.jpg
    IMG_2316 copy.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_2318 copy.jpg
    IMG_2318 copy.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 86

Jkieffer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
There are 4 screws on the inner corners that are the same size as bracket (T10). Take those out. Lift that center section straight up. The board that it is plugged into *may* come out. If it doesn't, it will still be attached to the back of the screen. Pry it out (again straight up) and you should be staring the first attachment.

There are five screws (you could see 4 of them before, outside corners). They should be T8. Unscrew those and the screen should separate from the cast body. There is another circuit board under it. You will need to pop off the little antenna looking wires from the board. Then you will need to detach the ribbon cables. The the left and center ones are plastic and flip up toward the top. The one on the right you need to flip the metal toward the bottom. Hope this helps.

Worked!! Once I got it separated from the case and the LCD off all I had to do is a little hairdryer heat and it peeled from the LCD like an iPhone screen. Just put it all back together and waiting for my new harness from M2 to arrive early this week and the bezel. Then next change may be adding center console and upper glove box.
Thanks for all the help.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Just put it all back together and waiting for my new harness from M2 to arrive early this week and the bezel.

Looks like you should receive your conversion harness w/ATC tomorrow. Good luck and happy modding!

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Upthewazzu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500, Hemi 5.7, 3.21
My '15 Big Horn updated itself last night over the air. Pretty much looks and acts exactly as it did before.

Rock$tar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
VIN:1C6RR7LM8GS284567

My vin works fine for the 17 update. Its canadian VIN, so check uconnect canadas website for links

Dont like the update though, moved the cell phone signal down from the top right to the logo, kinda annoying

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am3334