Uconnect 8.4 aftermarket amps & subs/speaker install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would go back to my original point, with his amps and setups he needs a different LOC or processor. He has a 600/4 and a 750/1. You need 3 RCS outputs for that. Unless he is bridging the 600/4 into 2 but I highly doubt that.

I agree on a new LOC. A LP7-4 would do the trick and use the outputs from the 600/4 to the 750/1.

jlchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Also look at the JL Audio Fix-82. They just released it and it is an upgrade to their clean sweep.

I just did a full JL audio system with the 900/5 using high level inputs taken from the pillars for all four channels. Mine works flawlessly with no LOC, but has a hiss from the high noise floor on the 8.4". My JL Rep and Crutchfield both advised ordering the Fix-82 and switching my 900/5 to 2 channel. I do loose fading options this way, but it is supposed to resolve my hiss issue and produce a good flat sound. The TwK pronounced tweak will be released by JL in April and it will piggyback off of the FiX-82 with optical audio and offer digiatal crossover settings to fully customize. I will be adding it at the release.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Also look at the JL Audio Fix-82. They just released it and it is an upgrade to their clean sweep.

I just did a full JL audio system with the 900/5 using high level inputs taken from the pillars for all four channels. Mine works flawlessly with no LOC, but has a hiss from the high noise floor on the 8.4". My JL Rep and Crutchfield both advised ordering the Fix-82 and switching my 900/5 to 2 channel. I do loose fading options this way, but it is supposed to resolve my hiss issue and produce a good flat sound. The TwK pronounced tweak will be released by JL in April and it will piggyback off of the FiX-82 with optical audio and offer digiatal crossover settings to fully customize. I will be adding it at the release.

I was also thinking about ditching my LCQ and going this route, but I decided that I didnt need to do this. I would like some kind of DSP instead of using the LCQ dials.

jlchristopher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I was also thinking about ditching my LCQ and going this route, but I decided that I didnt need to do this. I would like some kind of DSP instead of using the LCQ dials.

The FiX-82 is a DSP as well, and it does an amazing job. I just installed mine today, and I will never run a factory head unit without a DSP. My JL Sig shop in town was really surprised with the difference in clarity and quality of the audio that I get now.

I would highly advise it. It also took out 95% of the hiss I was getting from my factory head unit that I was getting.

Calibration takes 2 minutes, and you can even temporarily disable the DSP to see the before and after quality.

Craw4rds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Alpine system in my truck and I am trying to upgrade it to an aftermarket amp. Does anybody know if there is a kit for plug and play on that

RobertMcColl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Best option is the PAC Amp pro AP4-CH41 R2... R2 is just the latest model and is a must. This thing is plug and play. Has the large plug behind OEM head unit and goes through the unit. Absolutely brilliant. I bit more then most other LOC but much much better. No splicing or anything. Plug and play with a clean signal. It has front, rear and sub RCA outs. I have used a couple LOC's in the past and I have this one now. Will never get anything else.