uconnect 8.4 not working properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markcaspari

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi guys im new here. I bought my 2013 ram slt in june. I have the 8.4 a uconnect and it doesn't work as advertised. first there are no apps to download in the store other than hotspot no Pandora or anything. The voice recognition never recognizes what I say. also I have a galxy s4 and I can stream music just fine but I can not receive texts through the system. it has only received texts 2 or 3 times . calls work just fine. any suggestions or has anyone else had these issues?

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Yep. Have a thread with the exact same issues. The apps were supposedly rolling out this month but they never came, and the current version of the UConnect software does not show the Galaxy S4 as a supported phone, which is a joke if you ask me. Just have to cross our fingers for a working update without bugs, and for the apps to be released and work, otherwise I won't be paying $20 a month for those features once my trial is up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

OP
OP
M

markcaspari

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
doesn't work with my wifes s3 either. If I don't continue the trial will I still be able to receive calls and Bluetooth music? I can live without the apps. im gonna be pissed if I cant use the hands free calling .

OP
OP
M

markcaspari

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
my version is the 13. 06 I think and I put in my vin and it shows no update available on the site.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
The site also doesn't work. Mine came from the factory with 13.15, and 13.19 is available but for some reason doesn't want to play nice in my truck.

The hands free calling and Bluetooth music won't be affected when the trial is up.

OP
OP
M

markcaspari

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thanks for your help. where can I get the update?

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I'll try and find it for you when I'm in front of a computer but there's a thread here somewhere that links to a Jeep forum that has the updates. FYI the newest update 13.19 worked for a lot of people but for me none of the voice commands worked after updating. 13.15 works best in my truck.

El Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have the same set up. my only issue is the usb with my music doesnt work every time.

ramflava

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Hey guys. I had same issues and then some. The update is necessary, but it won't fix everything. You need to take it to your dealer and have them uplaod a new flash for it. That's what I did and biw the usb, sd card, and my galaxy s4 all work just fine! The apps thing is not fixed yet,but that is a problem on Chrysler's side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I find mine works quite well. It plays music. I use it for little else. I can receive and make calls though.

I realize RAM claims it will do this and that, but I need it to play music and every once in a while make a phone call. I believe they've stopped supporting it already due to the upcoming change to a new MS operating system.

As for apps... I have them on my phone. I'll stream my iTunes radio before I download a Pandora app onto it. Heck, I'll stream my Pandora if I have to. It seems like the more you F with it, the more issues you have. I've not even tried to download anything including updates.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Yea Chewy all that stuff works fine for me too. I just don't like being sold a bill of goods on a product to have some of the features I was sold on not work and support is dropped before they even stop selling the product. Unless they plan on replacing all of our radios free of charge or flashing their new platform, that's utter BS.

ram237

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 flex fuel
Question on this uconnect. I guess I have the 3.0 uconnect but I have no idea the benefits of it or what is so cool about it?

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
I am running 13.19, my S4 works fine on it, and receive messages as well..

the odd thing that's happening lately tho, and every now and then I get a message that vehicles phone needs service, and 2x now,

the radio has no sound, even full volume...now if I use my phone/handsfree, then i'll get the radio back.

odd odd odd.

heres a link to 13.19 if ya want it...I have it saved onto my dropbox...
uconnect 13.19 RA4ISO

Last edited:

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I am running 15.19, my S4 works fine on it, and receive messages as well..

the odd thing that's happening lately tho, and every now and then I get a message that vehicles phone needs service, and 2x now,

the radio has no sound, even full volume...now if I use my phone/handsfree, then i'll get the radio back.

odd odd odd.

heres a link to 15.19 if ya want it...I have it saved onto my dropbox...
uconnect 15.19 ISO

15.19 or 13.19? What UConnect radio version do you have?

thrashie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Laramie
Engine
6.7l cummins turbo diesel
15.19 or 13.19? What UConnect radio version do you have?

8.4AN yeah, should be 13.19, I named it wrong....oops.

looks like theres another version as well.

looking for it now.

Last edited:

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed

looking for it now.

Really? Well FYI you should make sure to label the filename RA4 as well so people like me with the 8.4A radio don't accidentally download and install the wrong file lol. Thanks for looking for that new version...that would be awesome if it were available and it fixed some of the glitches!

OP
OP
M

markcaspari

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
weird thing is today it seems to be working fine with texts. crazy it never worked this good before. now if the voice recog would work it would be okay. I am still pissed about there being no apps. perhaps I should have gotten a ford.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed

looking for it now.

Apparently people are getting radio replacements coming with 13.31.6 but I can't find anywhere online to download the file. Looks like they're forcing us to go to the dealer if we want an update. Do they charge for something as simple as a software update?

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
my version is the 13. 06 I think and I put in my vin and it shows no update available on the site.

FYI I saw somewhere on a jeep forum that running the 13.19 update twice fixes the VR problems I had when attempting the update. I'll posy back and let you know if I can confirm this method works.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you re-read (it's not really made to be clear) the Pandora app links into the one in your phone. It streams it from the phone and gives you controls and interface for it. Your phone is actually the one linking to Pandora. It's weird but it does work.