Unconnect Software Upgrade now backup camera issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014 Sport Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2014 Sport Ram with the washed out backup camera. I tried the factory reset to no avail. That was a couple weeks ago. Would it be worth it to try again? Kinda frustrating not being able to use it!
It was the camera itself. Water had gotten in it and washed out the video. Got a camera online and put it in. Works as good as new now.

MikeU

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
2017 Ram 1500. Updated the software no issues. Maps were out of date, so I paid 150 to get the new maps. Installed and there were not issues, until I went to back up. When I put the truck in reverse, the camera was not showing correctly many lines and no picture. I called the Map company Here Navigation that sent the map. They said they could not do anything, I should take to the dealer. I asked will I have to pay and they said yes. I asked why as this was caused by their upgrade, they could not respond. got the number to Uconnect at Dodge and they said the same thing. How should I be held responsible to pay for an issue that was caused by the MAPS company and or UCONNECT. Can anybody help? Thanks

Maxx

Reaction score
Chrysler Mopar Canada phoned me to update my 2014 Ram for tailgate and PCM updates, I said to NOT update my PCM it's working fine no problems whatsoever.

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
Yesterday I picked my son up at a school and stopped at Sonic for a drink. When we went to back out of the stall at Sonic, my backup camera popped up on the screen and it was a frozen image of my home driveway !!!! WTF ???

ccmano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to confirm again that the "factory reset" worked my 2014 Bighorn 2500 to correct the washed out backup camera view in my 8.4AN Uconnect. I recently updated the firmware of the radio to 18.45.xx thanks to one of the other long time threads here on the forum. I subsequently installed a backup camera (didn't previously have one) utilizing "AlfaObd" software and a camera kit from "Tailgatecamera.com" (I have no affiliation to either), another thread on the forum. The install went smoothly but when I finished the picture on the display was washed out, as is chronicled in this thread. I contacted "Tailgatecamera.com" but was advised that it was a function of some older units and there was no known fix. I searched the forum and found this thread. The "Factory Reset" (found in Settings -> System Information -> Reset to Factory Default) took all of 5 minutes (other than having to redo radio presets, re-pair my phone and recalibrate the nav) The backup camera now works and looks perfect. Hopefully this will help others with this issue.

For those wondering about the Nav recalibration, it was no more than a drive around the block.
H.

Last edited: