*Update* Sad News

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Sounds like quite the ordeal I hope you get what your heart desires. I think the rebel is cool assuming you can get one without those bs airbags

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I work in insurance so I'm a little more understanding than the average person because i know what we need in claim files to document things when the state dept of insurance audits our files.

Insurance is a highly regulated industry which cuts down on a lot of the lowballing nonsense that went on in the 60s, 70s.

However, some carriers are better than others, but the better, more generous ones, you will typically pay higher premiums for. (Ie chubb)

With that said, yes, I'm no fan of farmers/foremost. One time i had just renewed the liability insurance on my motorcycle with them, then sold the bike the next month. They refused to return any premium to me! Said it was below the minimum they have to refund any back to me pro-rata. Such complete bs! I filed an insurance dept. Complaint on them over it and the insurance dept confirmed they don't have to send me anything back.

Well they may not have been required to, but considering that premium was for a year and i used it for a month the right thing to do would be to return part of it to me. I was and still am, 8yrs later, not happy about how they treated me. To me, that was just plain wrong and unethical. Yeah, I'm sure they had some administration costs, but it couldn't have been that much. I was not expecting it all back, just part of it and got nothing. I couldn't sleep at night if i treated people that way.

Never again farmers (this was foremost, owned by farmers) I've heard similar about allstate, progressive, selective, etc but have no experience with them.

Last edited:

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a major insurance issue four years ago on my wife's Jeep - accident - and Farmer's took pretty good care of us.

Probably helped that I've known my agent and been friends with her for > 30 years.

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 (2017 1500 KIA OCT 2017)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Night Edition!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Forgot about this thread but thought I’d update on how it all ended.

Fighting insurance companies is a ***** but it’s worth it. After reimbursement for the truck and personal injury claim...believe it or not, but I ended up with an extra $3,000 in my pocket (including my trucks MSRP + $11k aftermarket).

Don’t. Give. Up! And know your worth.

Now I’m currently looking at getting an ‘18 1500 Sport/Night or a ‘19 Laramie once they hit the lots and rebates/discounts are revealed. Pretty hard to not take advantage of the rebates on the ‘18s now though...about $13k off for March - most likely more in April since ‘19s will start hitting the lots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RaftingDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Keep us updated !!!

Personally, I would never buy the first year of a model re-design - but that's just me.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Knowing ur agent personally makes all the difference in the world.
Op - good for you, hold out for a trx rebel

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Knowing ur agent personally makes all the difference in the world.
Op - good for you, hold out for a trx rebel

We do know him personally...and I now have a different insurance company. I pretty much was my own insurance agent throughout the process. No joke! Zero help from Farmers.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
We do know him personally...and I now have a different insurance company. I pretty much was my own insurance agent throughout the process. No joke! Zero help from Farmers.

I hate Farmers they are horrible. Would rather have no insurance.

OP
OP
PDXRam

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't wait to see the new truck.

Likewise... sticking with a legit leveling kit and some new wheels down the road. Carven Progressive kit will get slammed on pretty quickly too.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
hqdefault.jpg
34ca56a33a79d2660023d66fd71ea1755948161b32292801bf.jpg
cdLUeJ