Upgrading stock 6 speakers in Lease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guitarx9002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
So I just got my first Ram yesterday. Grew up in them and finally got my own. My Big Horn has the stock speakers and I went from an upgraded system in my Jeep to this. Not that it sounds terrible, but I'd like to get some more sound with my Ram.

Question is...

I am leasing...thinking I might just want to replace the tweeters up front to get a little more volume and clarity. Does anyone have any experience in knowing if this will void anything on my lease?

Sorry if this sounds stupid...

Thx.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The door and dash speakers are pretty easy to get to. How long is the lease?

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
just save the stockers so you can pop them back in :cheers:

OP
OP
G

guitarx9002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
The door and dash speakers are pretty easy to get to. How long is the lease?
36 months. I just want some more clarity. Bass / Treble sounds good..looking for a little more volume overall.

OP
OP
G

guitarx9002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
just save the stockers so you can pop them back in :cheers:
That's what I am thinking about doing :D - just need a little more volume so hoping I can find some tweeters to fit in there that will give me a little more of a boost

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe there are harnesses you can get that will allow you to use the factory speaker wiring without any cutting. That would give you the option of using a low power (like 50w) six channel amp and wind up with a decent little system that’s easily swapped back to stock.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just buy the metra speaker wire adaptors and you dont have to cut anything

OP
OP
G

guitarx9002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
just buy the metra speaker wire adaptors and you dont have to cut anything
Thanks. I'm not looking to do much...just looking for a little more volume. You think with these I could find some tweeters that would fit and give me a little more volume up front? Thx. Just don't wanna void a warranty/lease..but if they don't look don't think they would know. I just got the truck yesterday.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. I'm not looking to do much...just looking for a little more volume. You think with these I could find some tweeters that would fit and give me a little more volume up front? Thx. Just don't wanna void a warranty/lease..but if they don't look don't think they would know. I just got the truck yesterday.

i went with the jl audio cs 350x 3.5s.. night and day difference, plus i put 600 bass blockers on. you can gte the stuff from crutchfield and the speakers on got on ebay for 74 bucks. not sure on the door speakers but i went the JL audio TL 6x9s and they sound great with the stock system. 219 for 2 pairs

OP
OP
G

guitarx9002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
i went with the jl audio cs 350x 3.5s.. night and day difference, plus i put 600 bass blockers on. you can gte the stuff from crutchfield and the speakers on got on ebay for 74 bucks. not sure on the door speakers but i went the JL audio TL 6x9s and they sound great with the stock system. 219 for 2 pairs
Hey Thank you for the input. with the jl audio cs 350x 3.5s did they fit in there nicely? I just wanna put those in and then with the metra speaker wire adaptors and hoping I get a little difference.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
With the base system audio (6 speaker system), the dash "speakers" are actually the tweeters for the door speakers. There is a 2.2uf capacitor on the tweeter itself. The door and dash are wired in parallel with each other.
You can use the 77KICK28AB Kicker OEM replacement speakers which are plug and play, no wiring adapters or spacers needed.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it all a personal preference. metra adaptors were like 7 bucks, and JL speakers are way better quality then the those kickers

OP
OP
G

guitarx9002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Thx guys. Just looking to get a little more volume and clarity without tearing the car apart too much bc it’s a lease lol

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I used the Infinity 3.5" 3ohm speakers in my dash. Love them. In fact, I had them in both my CHallengers when I had them too. Need a Metra Harness, and they drop right in after that

OP
OP
G

guitarx9002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I used the Infinity 3.5" 3ohm speakers in my dash. Love them. In fact, I had them in both my CHallengers when I had them too. Need a Metra Harness, and they drop right in after that
did you find them to be louder than the stock ones?

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it all a personal preference. metra adaptors were like 7 bucks, and JL speakers are way better quality then the those kickers

Order the JL 3.5" dash speakers from crutchfield and they will give you the speaker plug adaptors for free.
The kicker 3.5" do not even compare to the JL 3.5

OP
OP
G

guitarx9002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Order the JL 3.5" dash speakers from crutchfield and they will give you the speaker plug adaptors for free.
The kicker 3.5" do not even compare to the JL 3.5

Looking at
JL Audio C2-350x... 88ROOK helped out a ton too. Thx for your input. Those the ones you are talking about? Since it’s lease I just need to pop them right in no problem

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at
JL Audio C2-350x... 88ROOK helped out a ton too. Thx for your input. Those the ones you are talking about? Since it’s lease I just need to pop them right in no problem

Yep, I have them in my dash. They blow the kicker 3.5" speakers away! Tweeter is much better than the kickers.
Others say you can add "bass blockers" so they do not overpower the door speakers because the factory dash 3.5 speakers are only 2 ohm. I have an amp powering my door component speakers, and the radio powering the JL dash speakers, so I do nit have that problem.
Crutchfield is the best place to buy radios or speakers from, because they dont charge for speaker adaptors or radio harnesses.

Last edited: