V10 drinking gas like water

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V10so_utah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-10 8.0L
I've had my v10 for almost a year now and have noticed a decline in the, already low, gas mileage. I'm hoping to get some advice from you guys. It didn't take me long to figure out the amount of research it takes someone with my basic automotive skills, to efficiently do repairs on Dodge V10's.

I haven't pulled spark plugs yet but that is what I hope is the cause of the MPG problem. After a little troubleshooting and "googling," I was able to tie together another problem which is the hesitation when I shift from 3 to 4. As soon as I let off the clutch pedal and press down on the accelerator (traveling between 35-45MPH), my truck acts like it's out of gas. It jerks back and forth like it's going to stall until I let off the gas. Then it does fine, like nothing happened. It doesn't do this every time I shift 3 to 4 but it definitely happens at least once every time I get in and go somewhere. I believe that must be happening because of a misfire due to an issue with one or more fouled up spark plugs. I read that spark plug misfire is a contributor to low gas mileage.

I know there are a lot of factors involved with fuel efficiency but the misfire is my clue to solve this issue. I'm open to any advice you have. Regardless of whether the plugs are the guilty suspect or not, I should probably change them and possibly the wires as well.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk