Vararam Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wanting an extra Vararam filter. I would rather not pay the price for a new one if possible.
Jay

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I know the chances are pretty slim, but what the hell, I thought I'd give it a try.
Jay

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very Slim, I need to order a new one and put mine back on... Had mine stored on a shelf with too much crap on it and it broke and filter got deformed... cant stomach the price for a replacement...
Plus she is about to get parked for awhile.... trans going out again

Maybe we can get a group buy discount going?

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They are reusable, it's just a convenience to have an extra one. I agree, the price is a little high, but Vararam is the sole source, which means they can charge what they want.
Jay

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How often are you supposed to clean these? I've got about 15k on mine and never have. Having a spare would be nice since washing, drying, and reoiling becomes a weekend event of downtime, but $90 is a bit steep.

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess it depends on how often you drive on dirt roads etc. For straight hiway driving I try to do it between 10-20k miles. Not sure what the instructions say--I never read them till after I screw something up :D
Jay

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I may just buy a spare... I suck at reoiling these things and mine was looking dingy when I went back and fixed my install of the vararam. Actually pulled my TB off and gave it a good cleaning as well cuz it was lookin narsty

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can call him and see if he'll give us a "group buy" on 2 of them----LOL
I think his name is Steve and he's the only one that has them--there especially made just to fit the Vararam.
Jay

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I may just buy a spare... I suck at reoiling these things and mine was looking dingy when I went back and fixed my install of the vararam. Actually pulled my TB off and gave it a good cleaning as well cuz it was lookin narsty

I’d like to buy one too for same reasons! Group buy all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The group buy thing was just sort of a tongue in cheek remark. If he is the only vendor I doubt he is going to agree and I have an idea it might be against forum rules for members to try to start a group buy. I think it has to be the vendor.
Jay

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I guess it depends on how often you drive on dirt roads etc. For straight hiway driving I try to do it between 10-20k miles. Not sure what the instructions say--I never read them till after I screw something up :D
Jay
Fwiw, just cleaned mine with the green filter kit yesterday and their instructions say to clean and reoil their filters every 30K miles or sooner in dirty conditions.

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ha ha ha --I did the same thing yesterday and saw the same instructions----
Jay

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha ha ha --I did the same thing yesterday and saw the same instructions----
Jay
Son of a *****... I am cleaning the garage at the moment and just found another unopened box of the green filter cleaner and oil. I guess past me was smart enough to buy the cleaner kit when I got the vararam and present me was too stupid to remember or check lol.

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your not old enough to have those kind of memory lapses yet--------but I am--LOL
Jay

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your not old enough to have those kind of memory lapses yet--------but I am--LOL
Jay
Man, I'm 30... The past five years, I feel like I've mentally aged 40 years. No joke, my mind used to be a steel trap for anything regardless of time. Now if you ask me at 10am what I had for breakfast, it takes me a minute, if I can get it right. Super scary... Idk wtf I did to burn my brain cells so quick...

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wished I could tell you it gets better----sometimes with all the **** to keep track of, it just gets overwhelming sometimes. I just try to seperate what I think is important and try to remember that stuff and blow the rest of it off-----then I find out what I blew off was important to "the boss"----Oh **** here we go again, "Don't you ever listen to what I'm saying" etc etc etc. Yes dear!
Jay

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ya, that sucks having a " senior moment" at thirty! Hopefully it was just a "moment" and not a sign of things to come regularly!
I'm pretty used to it now although some weeks are worse than others..lol.
My "boss" has gotten into the habit of stopping talking, saying "are you listening?" to make me look her in the eye so it sinks in...lol
Ah, the fun of age and "wisdom"

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya, that sucks having a " senior moment" at thirty! Hopefully it was just a "moment" and not a sign of things to come regularly!
I'm pretty used to it now although some weeks are worse than others..lol.
My "boss" has gotten into the habit of stopping talking, saying "are you listening?" to make me look her in the eye so it sinks in...lol
Ah, the fun of age and "wisdom"
It's becoming quite a trend. I've always been mature for my age lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.