Vibrating door panels...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henryhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What can I use to eliminate the door panels vibrating on the metal door frame? I'm considering some weather stripping but I was curious as to what others have done. Also has anyone replaced the plastic door panel rivets with something that fits tighter?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I use butyl rubber around the inner door skin door panel and a closed cell foam between the door skin and inner door trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This...I used extra packing foam to tighten the fit and place pressure on the panels.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My new 2017 has bad door panel vibration. I had an spl car that vibrated as bad, but that was 146DB. Anybody tried matting all 4 doors and if they did was the vibration eliminated and sound quality of the audio system improved. Thinking it might be worth the investment. I've never had a vehicle with a stock stereo vibrate like this. Normal for these trucks? My 2011 doesn't have any noticeable vibration. Both have the alpine audio and tried the same songs on both.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Passenger rear door of my '17 quad cab vibrates with just the right amount of just the right bass frequency. So far Ive just lived with it....the door panels come off pretty easily, and it looks like it should be as simple as adding some foam tape type weatherstrip to fill in the "lip" between the panel and the door

Im considering CLD tiles from the link a few posts earlier, for the door panels and to dampen the vibration I get at 2K RPM too.

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
My drivers rear door vibrates also. I have sound deadening to door, it just has to warm up.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It looks like there are some sound deadening kits that don't require heat moulding like I used to do. If I lose a window or have problems in the door I'd rather not have the full sheets stuck on there. I also saw a tape kit that I think might help since the majority of the vibration is along the rear of the front door panels where they fasten as long as it's not 2 sided. All 4 doors vibrate quite a lot so I'm looking for a kit to do them all.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the link to sound deadener showdown is probably your best bet.

I emailed them asking what is best for trying to dampen the floor vibration at 2K RPM, will probably order whatever they say in addition to some other stuff to help dampen the doors and door panels.

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, I saw that.

I wasnt sure if its different for 4th gens...Im sure its close, I just didnt plan on doing ALL of it since I didnt really plan on installing any massive stereo equipment.

Although it would be interesting to see how much it improves the already pretty quiet and smooth cabin.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm getting my local car audio shop to take care of it for me. They have a good multi layered sound deadener that comes in a roll with a sticky backing that they'll replace my vapor barrier with and still be able to peel it back to service stuff in the door if needed and they're doing a heat moulded soundproofing sheet inside the outer door skins to reduce road noise and improve the acoustics. Doing all 4 doors. Doing it thursday so I'll post my impressions friday on the results.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just had my doors done. Put a sound deadening material to replace the vapour barrier. Some sound deadening tape around the whole perimeter of the panel to prevent vibration there and some mouldable material in the door. No more door vibration and the factory audio sounds clearer now and the door sounds more solid when I close it. Going to do the C pillars when I get some time since they vibrate a bit too. Really happy with the results. Their going to send me pics of the install so I can post them when I get them and they're posting them on their website as well

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What vapor barrier?
When I remove my door panels there is another (plastic) panel where the window tracks are attached to. No vapor barrier inside there.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Honestly just assumed there was one in there as I've never seen a vehicle that didn't have a sheet of plastic stuck to it with the non hardening adhesive. Regardless my whole door inner skin is covered in deadener and most of the outer skin is coated now too and the results are a happier me. Will post the pics once I get them.

Beast_TX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have sound deadener on both fronts of my 13 and it has helped. I have an express with the cheap plastic panels. I'm fully doing the rears soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye