Vibrations after lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knightjp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to post on an old thread, but I'm facing the same issue since I installed a 4" BDS kit and 35" tires. I'm thinking that it could be the driveshaft as I've done everything possible to eliminate the other possibilities.
At first we found out that 2 of the new tires had factory defects and were replaced. One shop said the rims were damaged. So the tires were replaced and the rims were repaired. I've done the wheel balancing 4 times now and even alignments to make sure that everything is correct. It seems that the vibration is coming from the driveshaft. It could be wasted universal joints - since the truck is 9 years old and its done approx 179k miles.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to post on an old thread, but I'm facing the same issue since I installed a 4" BDS kit and 35" tires. I'm thinking that it could be the driveshaft as I've done everything possible to eliminate the other possibilities.
At first we found out that 2 of the new tires had factory defects and were replaced. One shop said the rims were damaged. So the tires were replaced and the rims were repaired. I've done the wheel balancing 4 times now and even alignments to make sure that everything is correct. It seems that the vibration is coming from the driveshaft. It could be wasted universal joints - since the truck is 9 years old and its done approx 179k miles.
Remove the shaft and go for a drive…see if the vibration disappears.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you talking about the rear? That's where the vibrations are coming from.
Ohhh, i missed that. Figured it was the front shaft. Well, i guess you could remove the rear shaft and drive in 4wd too. Might loose a little fluid out the tail shaft though maybe ?

Whats the pinion angle look like?