WARNING for S&B CAI 2500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So I ordered the CAI for my 2004 Ram 2500 4x4 and got it in yesterday. While I was installing it today, I noticed the box didnt fit because it was hitting the top of the shock. I called up S&B and the guy had said they recently discovered the problem and would send me new parts and adapters for the intake. The setup i have does fit the 1500s but not 2500s or 3500s, and the only reason i could think of was the SAS (solid axle system) as opposed to the 1500s IFS (independent front suspension).
Anyone who has the same problem or worked around that, maybe call S&B to find out if you can get the adapters and new hardware and such. The company did not want the already shipped parts so maybe you will get them free like i did.
Regardless, I attached the intake to the engine but box is not secured to the frame that way i can atleast use it. Must say that although this is a setback the intake has shown some improvement and, coupled with my new exhaust, really woken up the truck thus proving to me the kit's worth.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Nice info. Clad they took care of you and are sending the parts to make it fit

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Some companies love us, and it looks like S&B would rather have a satisfied customer than a bad review.

OP
OP
SFD213

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Just a quick update. I received the parts to make this fit the other day. Appears to be the box from the gen4 models. Will update on fitment in a day or so when it goes in.