Warning! Rams can be expensive!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a warning to those thinking on buying a new Ram. Watch out for the mod bug. It may bite you. It got me bad. I was just sitting here having a few beers and noted all the mods I've done to my new Ram thus far. Holy ****! I have spent some money on my new rig!

Amp steps
Ram splash guards
Truxsport bed cover
Weathertech bug deflector
Weathertech rain guards
Weathertech floor mats
AEM grille
Tow hooks
LED reverse bulbs
Mufflex 18 muffler
Moe's 5" chrome tips
Edge Pulsar performance chip
Black badging
Blind spot mirror inserts
Center console tray
Faulken Wildpeak AT3's
Billet Tech catch can
Fumoto oil drain valve
Bilstein 5100's front & rear
Airlift 1000 air bags
TGC 1" rear coil spacers
Air comp. wired in rear floor storage bin
Tint on front windows and sunroof
Color matched door moulding

I need to chill! But, I still need new headlight and foglight bulbs of some sort and gonna do shorty headers to nip the broken manifold bolt issue in the bud. Wouldn't mind new rims down the road too.
Damn!!!!

Last edited:

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's over man, you're screwed. If your married, call an attorney, if you like your house, consider investing in a teepee! It does not end, that light at the end if the tunnel is an illusion!

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's crazy isn't it! Imagine a diesel - there so many more options for motor mods and those trucks are even more expensive.

Also, careful on the window tint on the sunroof. I've seen a few crack due to the tint making the window more rigid. When I had my other car I asked about it and they didn't recommend doing the sunroof.

But I think that may be more of a heat thing to. Happens more when it's really hot like here in Arizona. So you may be a good! :)

OP
OP
Georgiasport

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is crazy! I've only got 6200 miles on it. Good point on the sunroof. My guy put darker limo mirror tint on it to reflect the sun. It's not as hot inside supposedly.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
I feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Georgiasport

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
JimfromAZ,

I went with the Pulsar instead of the PC. It is awesome and I have MDS turned off. Not as many user adjustments throttle wise, but i get a slight bump in hp & tq supposedly. It is sweet!

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
You can still do audio upgrades as well.

I have had my 17 for 3 months, my completed list is 20+ things already.

Modding is 1/2 the fun of ownership imo.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Between my rollnlock, bed extender, fog lights, pedals, audio, soundproofing. And things I've probably forgotten about I know I've cleared 10k in mods by now. I try not to add up the receipts. There's still more I want to do as well. This forum is a gateway to an empty wallet if you're not careful. There is a rehab thread, but it's more making fun of our addiction rather than curing it. Lol

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Man I never even modded a vehicle until I purchased my ram and discovered this forum! I have learned a lot from other members and enjoy the upgrades though. Good thing I dont own a jeep!

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol. Luckily I'm divorced. You may be right with no light at the end of the tunnel. A Diablo tuner and extra PCM could be handy too. LMAO

You just started. I was looking at my mod list and realized all kinds of stuff was missing, couldn't update it because you can't edit the OP when the clock runs out.

Anyhow, got to thinking, wtf is wrong with me, I got addiction issues. Just put Pedal Commander on and it's not even on the original list. Luckily, wife is cool as ****, I make sure she is happy and the favor gets passed to me, simple as that. Still thinking out how to break the teepee thing to her for our next house, gonna have two trucks and another boat then!

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/marshrams-murderd-2014-slt.117936/

never-enough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my truck recently and had spent a bit over 6grand on upgrades before I had made the first payment!

To make matters worse I have a 2014 challenger that I’m not done with yet and to be honest I’m still messing around with my 05 magnum. My wife begged me, “you mess with the cars enough, can’t you leave the truck alone??”

Sorry honey, I can’t.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
This forum is full of enabler's :O People here are no help on a cure they force you to BUY BUY BUY! :O There is no know cure for the accessories disease , it just get worse :) I mean :(

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
It's over man, you're screwed. If your married, call an attorney, if you like your house, consider investing in a teepee! It does not end, that light at the end if the tunnel is an illusion!

That’s the sad sad truth. I’ve modded my truck so much my wallet tries to hide every time I reach for it. If I’m looking at anything on my phone my wife immediately says, what are you buying now? Then comes her stern tone... You need that like you need another gun. I reply your right honey I do need that and another gun. Moral of the story: I don’t get laid much anymore but my signature says it all!

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L. USMC (ret)

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Between my rollnlock, bed extender, fog lights, pedals, audio, soundproofing. And things I've probably forgotten about I know I've cleared 10k in mods by now. I try not to add up the receipts. There's still more I want to do as well. This forum is a gateway to an empty wallet if you're not careful. There is a rehab thread, but it's more making fun of our addiction rather than curing it. Lol

Very true

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s the sad sad truth. I’ve modded my truck so much my wallet tries to hide every time I reach for it. If I’m looking at anything on my phone my wife immediately says, what are you buying now? Then comes her stern tone... You need that like you need another gun. I reply your right honey I do need that and another gun. Moral of the story: I don’t get laid much anymore but my signature says it all!

Lol!