Warning! Rams can be expensive!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That’s the sad sad truth. I’ve modded my truck so much my wallet tries to hide every time I reach for it. If I’m looking at anything on my phone my wife immediately says, what are you buying now? Then comes her stern tone... You need that like you need another gun. I reply your right honey I do need that and another gun. Moral of the story: I don’t get laid much anymore but my signature says it all!

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L. USMC (ret)

I get the same thing when im lookimg at my phone..."what are you buying now"? Also, "you need to stop b4 it doesnt look like a truck anymore".
I'm just personalizing it honey!
I learned ALONG time ago to NOT add up reciepts, heart attack...lol

never-enough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s the sad sad truth. I’ve modded my truck so much my wallet tries to hide every time I reach for it. If I’m looking at anything on my phone my wife immediately says, what are you buying now? Then comes her stern tone... You need that like you need another gun. I reply your right honey I do need that and another gun. Moral of the story: I don’t get laid much anymore but my signature says it all!

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 6.4L. USMC (ret)

Crap you just reminded me that I’m past due for a new gun too.... the new truck has gotten me all out of sorts!

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
My car prior to my ram. I have problems. Sold her when I bought my house.

c843068ff1044c814a45ca2de1074bcc.jpg

Said to my wife, I’ll get a pickup now, I’ll never get the mod bug with a v6 ram. I FAILED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Naw she wasn’t a go fast build. She was “ built to park “ and play loud music. Lol

Even worse!!! lol jk. I can respect it

Deki

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You might want to read up on tinting sunroofs .

Goose_1327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The truth to these statements is almost painful hahah

BinaryData

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's crazy isn't it! Imagine a diesel - there so many more options for motor mods and those trucks are even more expensive.

Also, careful on the window tint on the sunroof. I've seen a few crack due to the tint making the window more rigid. When I had my other car I asked about it and they didn't recommend doing the sunroof.

But I think that may be more of a heat thing to. Happens more when it's really hot like here in Arizona. So you may be a good! :)

Yeah, but the difference between the two is a diesel will last much longer than a gas will. I borrowed my brother's boss's F350, not sure on the year but it has well over 650k miles on it. He's not getting rid of it until he has too. It does all that the newer trucks do, for far less in parts. Not to mention, he can do it himself.

I'm learning that Ram's are expensive. It's going to cost anywhere from $3,000 to $8,000 for the Tranmission issues I'm having. :( Screw P0740 Error Code!

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
JimfromAZ,

I went with the Pulsar instead of the PC. It is awesome and I have MDS turned off. Not as many user adjustments throttle wise, but i get a slight bump in hp & tq supposedly. It is sweet!

May I ask what you have to measure the TQ. difference and Hp?

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
Between my rollnlock, bed extender, fog lights, pedals, audio, soundproofing. And things I've probably forgotten about I know I've cleared 10k in mods by now. I try not to add up the receipts. There's still more I want to do as well. This forum is a gateway to an empty wallet if you're not careful. There is a rehab thread, but it's more making fun of our addiction rather than curing it. Lol

hehe...would not have helped to order some of the mods you list when you ordered the new truck or Not? Maybe I'm dreaming !!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hehe...would not have helped to order some of the mods you list when you ordered the new truck or Not? Maybe I'm dreaming !!
Bought a limited with every box checked, but color matched tailgate letters

OP
OP
Georgiasport

Georgiasport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ramit355,
I don't have anything to measure performance gains. The Pulsar supposedly adds 30 hp & 30 tq on settings 7 & 8 which equates to 15 & 15 at the wheel. That's what their site states anyway. I'm sure somebody on here will test it on the Dyno to see if there is any realworld gains. I can tell my truck seems faster and more responsive.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a warning to those thinking on buying a new Ram. Watch out for the mod bug. It may bite you. It got me bad. I was just sitting here having a few beers and noted all the mods I've done to my new Ram thus far. Holy ****! I have spent some money on my new rig!

Amp steps
Ram splash guards
Truxsport bed cover
Weathertech bug deflector
Weathertech rain guards
Weathertech floor mats
AEM grille
Tow hooks
LED reverse bulbs
Mufflex 18 muffler
Moe's 5" chrome tips
Edge Pulsar performance chip
Black badging
Blind spot mirror inserts
Center console tray
Faulken Wildpeak AT3's
Billet Tech catch can
Fumoto oil drain valve
Bilstein 5100's front & rear
Airlift 1000 air bags
TGC 1" rear coil spacers
Air comp. wired in rear floor storage bin
Tint on front windows and sunroof
Color matched door moulding

I need to chill! But, I still need new headlight and foglight bulbs of some sort and gonna do shorty headers to nip the broken manifold bolt issue in the bud. Wouldn't mind new rims down the road too.
Damn!!!!
I haven't modded in like 2 years... But I just ordered a Diablo i3